1| Destiny

Kylo's Point Of View:

After years of searching, we've finally located it... the map to Skywalker. After searching the known parts of the galaxy, we've pieced together much of the map. But I never expected that the last piece would be on the junkyard planet of Jakku. After years my search is coming to an end... yet I find no joy in completing my task. Now I'll have no reason to search the farthest corners of the galaxy. Snoke, my master does not know the full purpose of my search. He thinks that my full purpose is to destroy Skywalker, the last Jedi... the last person who can stand between the First Order and the freedom of the galaxy. I do wish to see his end for he has brought me nothing but pain and grief, he has broken me so deep within my soul that I fear I shall never be whole again. And that is why I search not for Skywalker, but for her... the mysterious girl that has always filled my dreams.

I know little about her, only that she is very powerful. I know that she will either be the one to destroy me, or the one who finally makes me whole again. In my visions, I have seen her as both a terrible nightmare who slaughtered me without mercy and as a beautiful dream who fought at my side and cared for me as no one else ever has. The Force gave me these visions, they are the future. But the future is always in motion and no one can say which visions will become reality, I only know that whichever fate my future holds, she is my destiny.

The thought of her stirs strange feelings in my heart... a strange deep loneliness, a longing. Thought of her makes me feel... homesick, almost. It's almost as if in a strange way, she is my home. A home that I've never been to, but that I've always belonged in.

The visions had begun when I was only ten, then I had feared her with a passion. But what could be expected of a ten year old boy whose dreams were filled with a girl who would in one dream offer him compassion and fight at his side, then the next night she would slay him? But in my daydream, I would often see her as a child, a young girl... the only friend I'd ever known. The more I saw the more I longed for her. The older I became, the stronger my desire to find her had become. Finally I didn't care if she destroyed me, it would be worth it just for the fulfillment of seeing her just once. How many times had I whispered into the night: "I'll come back sweetheart. I promise," just before she vanished? How many times had I sensed her loneliness and promised that I would come for her, so that she would never be alone again? I had to find her. I had to fulfill my promise to her, even if it meant my death.

My only hope is that this final piece of the map to Skywalker will be the key to finding her. On occasion I'd seen her with Luke in my visions, and I'd seen her many times wielding his lightsaber. He was the only connection I had to her, that and the Millennium Falcon, a ship that had become famous in the war against the Empire. In my dreams, I'd seen her fly it. But my search for the ship had been in vain, it had somehow fallen out of the hands of its original owner: Han Solo, so finding it had become an almost impossible task. Skywalker was, as much as I hate to admit it... my only hope of finding her.

I hear the door of my chamber open behind me, I grumble softly at the intrusion. Having no time to put my mask on, I pulled the hood of my cowl over my head and hide in the shadows. I don't want anyone to see my face, the secrets that I keep behind my mask.

"Yes?" My voice is void of any emotion as always.

The lieutenant realizes that I'm not wearing my mask and curiosity grips him. He tries to peer through the shadows cast by my hood, and the darkness of the room. But his attempts are in vain. I glare at him nonetheless, and though he can't see my eyes, he becomes uncomfortable under my fierce, piercing gaze. He lowers his eyes to the floor, suddenly afraid to see the face of a man who is always masked in darkness, I feel his fear, fear of what fierce creature stands before him. Fear that the mere sight of me could destroy him and feel his sleep with nightmares for the rest of his life.

In the shadows, I smirked. "You are right to be afraid, Lieutenant," my voice now holds a slight threatening tone that makes him tremble. "Now, tell me why you have disturbed my solitude?"

"We've reached Jakku, sir. We'll be landing in a moment."

"Good," I replied. "Now leave me."

I watched as he hurried out of the room, quickly closing the door behind him. Then I turn away and look down at the mask on the small table. I wear it to conceal the monster within, but it's not at all a comforting image. I reached my gloved hands up to remove my hood, then I grabbed the helmet and pulled it over my head. I reached for my lightsaber and clipped it to my belt.

I walked over to the window and peered out at the planet we were approaching. Even from this distance I could see the tan color of the sand that covered the desert planet. I clenched my hands into fists, taking a deep breath as I prepared myself for what was to come, soon I would meet the end of my five year search.

It would not be long before I met my destiny...

Share your thoughts:

- Do you think that Kylo Ren has had visions of Rey before the Force Awakens?