Devising an Idea

Your eyes fluttered open as noises downstairs roused you from your slumber. Yes, yes, company, still here. You sighed as your sleepy body was forced out of the warm comfort of bed and down to the not comfy rest of your house. Apparently, the king decided the time for rest was over and it was dinner time instead, as he was rooting through your kitchen. You cleared your throat and snickered when he jumped, dropping all the pots, pans, and snacks his magic had been holding. "Hungry? I guess you could just help yourself, since you already did." He nodded sheepishly and resumed his search.

   You'd probably have to go buy food at little sooner than usual, but hey, you could say that you threw out everything before your trip. It wasn't exactly a lie, seeing as you did do just that, just not all of it. Who knew taking care of a newly-revived king would require extra work? Honestly it was only to be expected, as it was another mouth in the house. One that would have to pull its weight until you came up with a solution.

   It wasn't as alarming now that you had some time to think about. You always wanted to have a foreign friend, and a kingdom's ruler from the past is probably the most foreign you could get. He really wasn't too bad, maybe a little odd at times, but so was Pinkie, and everyone loves her. Maybe, if you could disguise him, he could actually go places. Certainly better than being penned up inside like a caged animal.

   A new mane color, a fake cutie mark, yeah, you could totally pull it off! But the horn... You glanced over at him. No one would really believe he just happened to have a curved horn, would they? Lies only get you so far. What a roadblock! Still, there's always a detour, you just needed to find it. Magic could hide out in public, but that might get tiring. You began to pace, while sinking deeper and deeper into your thoughts. Sombra just watched with his weird habit.

  ....How troublesome....

Thank you for your patience while I continue to be a lazy prick. I guess you just like this book that much. To each their own. I was listening to "Cooking by the Book Ft. Lil John" for like, most of writing this....