st. hastings compilation.

St. Hastings Compilation!

SUMMARY; In which I felt the urge to dropkick myself back into my own story and devised a compilation of moments between Alicia and Jesse (or alluding to their "friendship") throughout my 130,000 word story. This is 18.1k. I'm so sorry. 

PROMPT; N/A.

PAIRING(S): Alicia Hastings/Jesse St. James, slight Alicia Hastings/Finn Hudson.

TRIGGER WARNING(S): Alicia and Jesse had all these moments and never actually kissed.

NOTE(S): I had to read through twenty chapters in under two hours to do this and my brain is on fire. I have nothing left to say, except I hope that you enjoy! I miss Alicia and Jesse's dynamic, and writing for them, and this brought back a lot of good memories for me. c:

. . . 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: LIKE A VIRGIN.

When Jesse spontaneously joined New Directions, Alicia immediately went on the defensive. She noticed how his presence unnerved Finn and her natural protectiveness kicked in. She would've reacted this way if Kurt or Tina were upset, and besides, she could see Finn's point. Former lead vocalist of Vocal Adrenaline suddenly joining New Directions was suspicious, but Will was painfully optimistic.

Normally, Alicia would've been, too. But her gut feeling was distressed.

"I don't understand why you're doing this," Rachel said.

"Because when you love something, you've got to go for it," Jesse explained. "You would never be with me completely if I were on the opposing team. And I care about you more than winning another national title. So I left Vocal Adrenaline. For you."

Alicia, Finn, and Quinn all mimed gagging at once. The three exchanged an alarmed look when they noticed, before shrugging it off. Creepy, but not as troublesome as Jesse's sudden presence.

"All right, guys, we have got a lot of work to do. Jesse, great to have you here," Mr. Schue chirped. He's lying, Quinn mouthed at Jesse. "Welcome aboard. Okay! From the top."

Once extensive rehearsals eventually died down, Alicia cornered Jesse. Mr. Schue had slipped out moments before, claiming he needed to ask Miss Pillsbury something. The other glee clubbers departed, Kurt and Mercedes conspiring under their breath. Finn leaned against the door frame, scowling at their latest member, but other than him, Alicia and Jesse were alone.

"You aren't going to hurt Rachel," Alicia said. It wasn't a question.

Jesse blinked. He glanced around, as if making sure Alicia was actually speaking to him. "Um. No," he finally said. "I have no intention to do so. Our budding love is the beginning of something monumental. True, epic romance. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Maybe a fourth consecutive national championship. But not the world."

Alicia's scowl complemented Finn's. "That isn't funny. Rachel is . . . special. Not fragile, she's one of the strongest girls I know, but she's not like everyone else. She isn't cold."

He raised his brows. "And I am?"

"You tell me."

Jesse chuckled, crossing his arms. "Listen, Goldie Locks. I have no intention of hurting Rachel. I care about her more than you know. So please, do us all a favor and run off with that giant you seem permanently attached to. I have vocal warm-ups to practice."