Bucky looks around for a few seconds
before turning around, finally looking at your scared and worried expression. He gives you a sympathetic look.

"C'mon, doll." He practically whispers before protectively leading you back inside the hut, closing it off immediately.

He walks over to the bed, kneeling down and pulling a weaponry stash out from under it, rendering you confused of how Bucky put all of his guns and knives under there without you noticing.

"I have to go back out there." He speaks quietly, keeping a close eye on the, now closed, doorway. He throws a big gun over his shoulder, letting it rest on his back and tucks another few into his gun holster. He then grabs his signature knife from under his pillow and also shoves it into the holster.

"What? I'm gonna be here by myself?" You panic and Bucky walks back over to you, sighing.

"It's just for a minute, I have to make sure we're safe."

"And if we're not?" You ask hesitantly, not really wanting the answer. Bucky looks like he doesn't know what to say.

"...Then I'll take care of it." He replies simply before walking towards the front of the hut, and peeking out before stepping outside, hand at the ready on his gun at his hip.

You take a deep breath and try and calm
down.

What if something happens to Bucky?

What if he gets hurt?

Is there really someone dangerous out there?

Will we be okay?

All of a sudden, you hear voices outside. Plural. It's not just Bucky out there. Your worry gets the better of you and decide you need to see if he's okay.

You quickly grab a 9mm gun that Bucky left on the bed and rush outside, holding the gun up in front of you defensively.

You knew how to shoot a gun. Tony had taught you in case of an intruder or danger and you needed to defend yourself if he wasn't there. You mentally reminded yourself to thank him later for that.

You walk outside and see Bucky talking to someone who looks all too familiar. He seems relaxed but you furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

Why was he here?

Bucky hears your footsteps and snaps his head around, seeing you holding the gun up to the familiar man and shaking out of fear.

He widens his eyes and rushes over to you, honestly scared you'll pull the trigger by accident because of much you're shaking.

"Doll, doll. It's okay. He's not dangerous."

"Y-yes he is." You stutter, not making any move to lower the gun, your eyes still locked on the man. He walks a little closer to you, squinting his eyes to see you, battling with the sun.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asks you in a whisper.

"(Y/N)?" The familiar man asks you as he approaches you slowly, careful not to startle you enough for you to pull the trigger.

"Don't fucking move." You say, just loud enough for him to hear. You feel tears starting to well up in your eyes. In your distracted trance, Bucky quickly steps in front of you and pushes your inner elbow down, taking advantage of your straight arm, before expertly removing the gun from your hands in one swift movement.

A move he'd learnt in training many times before.

"Okay, stop. You..." Bucky stands in between you both, tucking the gun into his holster. He points to the other man. "Just stay back. And (Y/N)...what the hell is going on?"

"That's...Chase." You mumble. "He's my ex."

Remember the ex I told you about? The one that was awful to you? The relationship that ended really badly?

Yeah...him.

But what was he doing out here in the woods at the same time as you?

Was he really just camping? Could that really be a strange coincidence?

No one really knows what happened between the two of you, except Tony of course.

I guess now was the time for that story I promised you...

hi :)

hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

thought i'd finally bring up the ex boyfriend again hehe

the next chapter will basically just be about what happened between you and chase and stuff so yea

thank you for reading & i hope you have a good day/night whatever time it is for you lmao

i love you <33