6 ~ "do you trust me?"

"So...how was it?" Tony asks you, sitting you down at the breakfast bar about to start making you some real food, instead of just boring camping food. You, Bucky and Steve have just arrived back at the facility after he picked you both up in the quinjet, and you were exhausted, to say the least. Of course, you weren't going to tell the team that though. You couldn't even imagine how concerned they'd be about sending you on the mission for a few weeks when you're pretty much sick of it after one day. They needed you for this mission and you didn't plan on letting them down.

"It was good." You lie, hiding a yawn by taking a big drink of the orange juice Tony placed down for you.

"Really?" He questioned suspiciously, clearly knowing you much better than you thought he did.

"...I mean, it was hard. But at least Bucky and I got used to each other more so we'll know what it's really like." You tell him, trying to see the bright side of the situation so that Tony doesn't worry too much. You didn't want to complain to him about anything. He decides to just let it go anyway, reassuring you with a nod as he places a big plate of pancakes on the breakfast bar, and another empty plate right in front of you. You immediately take a few pancakes as Tony sits down next to you with his own plate.

"Slow down! These are for both of us, idiot!" Tony whines, lightly nudging you with his elbow, making you giggle with a mouthful of pancake. Nothing like a good old sibling rivalry over food. It reminded you of when you and Tony were younger and he'd always wake up before you just to get more breakfast before school, leaving you basically nothing on the table to eat.

"You're the idiot." You mumble under your breath but Tony's dumb, magical ears somehow heard you.

"Sorry...did you say something, sister?" He teases, giving you a knowing look.

"Oh...no, brother...I didn't. You must be hearing things from old age." You tease back, trying to sound as posh and prissy as possible. Tony just about spits out his mouthful of juice from laughing so hard, which you join in on.

"You two are both idiots," Clint says, walking into the kitchen while looking down, eyes glued to his phone.

*Bucky's POV*

I walk back into my room and just about collapsed on the bed. I lay there for a few minutes, thinking about the mission and what it will be like when it's actually real.

I have to protect Tony Stark's younger sister. What if something happens to her? What if I can't look after her? How am I going to make sure she stays safe?

I try to shake off the thoughts spiralling around my mind and think about something other than (Y/N). She's been on my mind a lot lately. Especially how she looked this morning in her comfy clothes. It was strange seeing her not dressed up and just being in her pyjamas, it was cute. Wait...no, no, no, I did not just call Tony's sister cute, that would be wrong. She hates me I can't feel like this.

I try to finally shake my mind off of (Y/N) again but it doesn't last long before Steve walks in.

"So...how was it?" He asks me and I sit up on the end of my bed as he lets himself in, closes the door behind him and leans against it. He folds his arms and flashes me a curious look. He clearly wants to know everything.

"It was fine. I think we'll be fine." I mumble and Steve raises his eyebrows.

"What does that mean?" He says as he makes his way further into the room, sitting on a armchair in the corner of my bedroom.

"N-nothing Steve." I mumble and Steve gives me a 'look'. I didn't really want to tell him that I was literally just thinking about how good she looked this morning when we woke up.