"Well, how did Timmy react to being invited to Freddie Mercury's party?" Lisa asked.

"Well..."

"So a friend of mine is throwing a party for New Year's in London and I was wondering if you'd want to come? He asked me to bring friends." I asked Timmy as I prepared breakfast for us.

"A party? That could be fun, sure why not?" He said and smiled before taking a sip from his coffee. "What's your friend's name?"

"His name's Freddie, he's a really fun guy." I said and smiled at the thought of Freddie. I missed him greatly. I had spoken with him once after Brian had visited Cambridge. It was great to hear from him after almost three months of radio silence.

"Freddie? Is that a nickname?" He asked.

"No, he's just called Freddie."

"Is he a big Queen fan?" He joked and I bit my bottom lip.

"Yes, I think he's their biggest fan." I answered, knowing that that was probably true.

"Well he's lucky to share a name with Mercury then."

I probably should have told him that my friend was indeed Freddie Mercury, but I also really wanted to surprise him. Timmy had somehow managed to avoid all the articles about me and John and I was very happy about that, that meant that he was actually getting to know me because he liked me, not because he wanted to befriend Freddie or one of the others.

Lisa didn't stay over for long since she had just come back home and we would be going to Freddie's party tomorrow. After I had taken her home I went to the shower to think.

I was nervous about tomorrow. Even though Brian had promised that he would make sure that I wouldn't cross paths with John, I knew that it was more than likely that I would bump into him. What would I say to him? Or should I say anything at all? Should I just pretend that I didn't know him and move on? Yeah that's not going to happen now is it?

I missed him. I missed every single little thing about him. But he hurt me. He hurt me so bad. I sat down on the shower floor and let the water flow over me. I felt trapped. Trapped in a feeling that just wouldn't go away.

I got out of the shower got ready for going to bed. I knew that I wasn't going to fall asleep, but there was no harm in trying right?

JOHN'S POV

I stared at the empty glass of whiskey on my nightstand. I'll see her tomorrow, I thought to myself and sighed. How different everything would be if I hadn't run into Ronnie that one night. She would be here, she would be asleep next to be, curled up into a ball with her beautiful blonde hair all over the place.

But she wasn't. All because of me being an idiot. I turned out the light and tried closing my eyes, but no matter how hard I tried, all I could think of was her.

It killed me to know that in less than 24 hours I would be at a party with her, she'd be so close yet so far away. Brian had told me that she was bringing a man with her and though I had tried to convince myself that I didn't care, I did. She had moved on. She was probably happy. I used to make her happy.

"Fuck." I groaned out loud and rubbed my eyes with my palms. Freddie and advised me to not go talk to her if and when I would see her tomorrow. That she'd still need time. Of course I understood but that didn't make it any easier.

If I could just hold her once more.

LORETTA'S POV

"Right everyone, in the car!" Ciarán shouted and clapped his hands. I was still putting on my earrings and doing all the other necessary finishing touches to my appearance. I had opted for a black turtlenecked bodysuit and simply curling my hair. Knowing just how crazy and wild Freddie's parties would often get, I had decided to wear clothing that was as comfortable as possible.