Chapter 47

"So, how was Ireland?" I asked Lisa. Her eyes lit up in excitement.

"It was amazing! I loved his family, they were all so incredibly kind to me. And they showed me a lot of baby pictures of him. He was a cute baby and he was actually ginger growing up! How cute is that?" She exclaimed and kicked the back of my seat.

"Ciarán? How was Ireland for you?" I asked the man on the seat next to me.

"Absolutely terrible." He said with a playful smile on his face.

Lisa and Ciarán had finally come home from their Christmas trip and I had volunteered to pick them up from the airport again. It was amazing to see the two again. Even though I had had a lot of fun with Timmy while they were gone, I was more than happy about their return.

"How was your Christmas?" Lisa asked. I didn't know wether I wanted to tell them about how I got drunk with a Canadian man I barely knew and then proceeded to uhm... stay the night at his place. Then I realised I would probably have to since he would be tagging along to Freddie's party tomorrow.

"Well actually, I met someone. His name is Timmy, he's from Canada. He moved here a while ago and he was spending the Holidays alone as well as me so we decided to spend it together." I said, trying to sound as innocent as possible but Ciarán being Ciarán, he caught on immediately.

"Oh you spent it together alright." And playfully punched my arm. A light pink shade rose onto my cheeks and I bit my bottom lip.

"Nothing happened." I said and gave Ciarán a wink.

"Oh yes sure. Just like nothing happened in the shower after my family had gone to bed." Ciarán said and soon Lisa's hand came flying from the backseat and collided with the side of Ciarán's head.

"Ciarán!" She shouted and I burst into laughter.

"What? I said nothing happened!" He laughed.

I dropped Ciarán off at his house, but refused to take Lisa to hers'. There were too many things I wanted to talk about with her.

"Fine." She had groaned as I drove past the intersection that would've taken us to her house.

"So let me get this straight. You met this Canadian man like a week ago, and now you're taking him to Freddie Mercury's New Year's party?" Lisa said in a doubtful tone and raised her brows.

"Yes. Why? I think he's a great guy and I think we have a lot of fun together." I defended myself.

"And the fact that your ex boyfriend is going to be there has nothing to do with this decision?" She asked again.

"Of course not!" Well duh, obviously. "I can't believe that you'd think that I'm only bringing Timmy along to make John jealous!"

"Your words, not mine." She said.

She was correct. Even though I did in fact like Timmy, even I knew that the reason he was coming along was to make John jealous. I wanted him to see that I had moved on and that I didn't need him for anything. That I didn't still miss him and that my heart didn't ache every time I heard someone mention his name.

He didn't have to know that I still loved him.

"Oh fuck off." I mumbled to her and.

Brian called again that night to make sure that we were still coming to the party. He had promised that all four of us could stay the night at his or Freddie's. He tried his hardest to mask his disapproval when I told him about Timmy. Even though he had told me on multiple occasions that he didn't care if John and I ever got back together or not, I knew it was a lie. But because he was a good man, he had agreed to also let Timmy stay over at his.