Realization | MarkPerth

Începe de la început

"It's alright, Perth." Mark said softly. He couldn't deny the feelings he had for Perth. They'd been friends for years and at some point, Mark had noticed a change in how he felt for Perth. It was all confirmed for him when they had to kiss for The Stranded. 

"No. It's not." Perth said and tightened his grip, trying to keep from hurting the older. Mark chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. 

"You don't have to hold me that tight. I'm not going anywhere until you're better and you talk to me." Mark said. "Might be today. Might be a month away. Might be a year. Man, I'll move in with you if you don't tell me in a month." Perth slowly loosened his hold though he moved so he was closer to Mark, his head still on Mark's shoulder. 

"Hey, Perth?" Plan's voice was heard before he knocked on the door. Perth hummed loud enough for Plan to hear. "I'm going to invite the rest of Tempt along with Earth, Saint, and Mean. Are you cool with that?"

"Yeah." his voice cracked. Plan opened the door and stared at the two before walking in and sitting on the other side of the bed. 

"What's wrong?" Plan asked and placed his hand on Perth's shoulder. Perth sighed and turned his head on Mark's shoulder so he was facing Plan.

"I'll be fine. Just.. Don't worry you guys." Perth said and let go of Mark, leaning away from him. He stood up and took a deep breath as he stretched, his shirt raising up, showing a bit of his tan skin. 

Mark subconsciously reached forward and slid his hands up Perth's shirt to hold his bare waist. His hands were warm compared to Perth unusually cold skin. Perth quickly stopped stretching and looked at Mark with wide eyes and a bright red face. Plan stared with wide eyes before smirking and walking out of the room. 

"I'll call the others!" Plan yelled and slammed the door behind him. 

"Don't slam my door!" Perth yelled in irritation. 

Mark started making circles on his skin with his warm thumbs. Perth's breath hitched before he took a deep breath, trying to breathe normally. 

"Sorry!" Plan yelled from his room across the hall. 

"I-" Mark seemed to realize what he'd been doing as he quickly moved his hands back to his lap. He looked up at Perth hesitantly while the younger only stared at the bedroom door with a frown. 

Perth looked down at Mark and seemed to see his worry. Perth smiled slightly and ran the back of his hand over Mark's cheek softly before looking back at the door. He didn't know why he was staring at the door. 

Mark looked down to where his hands had been and, at Perth's positive reaction, raised his arms and placed his hands where they had been. Perth looked down at Mark, at his hands, and back at him. 

"Why were you staring at the door?" Mark whispered, scared Perth would suddenly push him away in disgust. 

Perth looked back at the door with his eyebrows furrowed. He shrugged and looked back at Mark. "I don't know." 

Mark suddenly thought of the way Perth was around Saint and how he reacted when his name was brought up. He felt… Jealous maybe? 

"What's with the gloomy face?" Perth asked and backed away from Mark, his hands falling from Perth's waist. Mark sighed and shook his head, falling backwards onto the bed. Perth watched him closely as he thought he was acting weird. 

"Are you jealous over something?" Perth blurted out. Mark stayed silent with his eyes closed. Perth sighed sat down beside him. 

"Saint is here!!" Plan yelled. Perth sighed again and looked down at Mark.