Chapter 22:Stubborness Runs In The Family

"Hello?" Ant asked hopelessly as he sat down in the floor of a small compact room.

"Anyone there" he asked again glancing about the room putting his head in hands.

"Uhhh" he groaned out of boredom.

He was stuck there for 2 hours without anyone to talk to, normally he would have Fontaine but now there was literally no one except himself.

"It would be quite nice if you could be quiet" Proteus exclaimed as he opened the door.

"You know you won't believe how many times I've heard that, I've been told that quite a lot especially from Mom and Fontaine" Ant chimed a small forming on his face.

Proteus rolled his eyes at Ant's response.

"What do you know about a diary"  Proteus asked sternly glaring at Ant.

"I know nothing about a diary" Ant replied stubbornly.

"Proteus there is no need for that diary, we have what we wanted" Alpheus interrupted as he walked infront of him.

"But I need to confirm my suspicions" Proteus retaliated after years of work finally being this close to see if his suspicions were true.

"Proteus, not in front of the guests remember" Alpheus said in a calm but threatening way as he smiled gesturing to the door.

Ant watched in dismay as he saw the pair walking away through the small round  window which was on almost every door.
It had been 2 or maybe 3 hours since, no one had came to find him yet.

"Kaiko? Have you fixed the propeller yet?" Odette asked as she glanced over to time worriedly.

"There! Finished" Kaiko exclaimed a smile lightening her face up "try the engine now"

As Odette pressed the button a hum echoed through the room making her smile.

"Engines back online, come back onboard" Odette said watching as Will and Kaiko come back to the Aronax.

"Does that mean we're going to look for Ant now?" Nereus asked restless as he glanced over to their location displayed on the screen.

"Why are you seem so restless" Odette said turning to face Nereus who was deep in thought.

"I'm not.." Nereus replied abruptly as she smiled in a anxious manner.

Odette raised her eyes brows fully facing him.

"He is, I was spying on him in the study and he was muttering things about Lemuria" Madeline chimed in as Nereus turned around frowning at the girl.

A smirk was on Madeline's face as Nereus for once displayed a scowl, what else had she heard?

Fontaine and Finn slowly came into the room as they walked in Odette frowned towards the pair.

"Finn you were there to make sure she wasn't to leave the infirmary," Odette sighed

"I'm fine, it's just a small headache" Fontaine replied stubbornly "plus I'm not going to sit in the infirmary while you guys are off rescuing Ant"

"At least you know stubbornness runs in the family" Finn commented as Madeline and Nereus cracked a smile holding in their laughter.

Fontaine stepped on Finn's foot earning a yelp from Finn as he pulled it away, a smile formed on Fontaine's face. Odette chuckled as she turned back to face the view of the ocean surrounding them

"Kaiko? Will see you guys on board?" Odette asked over her comm turning back to the monitors.

"Yes, let's go find Ant"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 609
Hey! So I am going to be having a little break on writing. Reason is because I'm going to be spending time at my cousins house and will be there for around 3-5 weeks! Sorryyyy!
Vote
And
Comment
💖