Christmas Miracles

♡Fluff♡
December 25th 1985

Eleven sat in the back of Joyce's car and looked out the window, the sun was just beginning to set and fresh blanket of snow covered the crunchy snow from a few days ago. She could see her reflection in the window. El's hair was curled, thanks to Joyce, and a dainty silver headband with a snow flake on it rested on the top of her head. She wore a long sleeved black shirt with a knee-length silver skirt, some white tights and black flats.Eleven looked back in the car for the first time in quite some time, Joyce was driving keeping her full attention on the road, in the front seat Jonathan was quietly singing a song on the radio, and in the back seat, Will was sleeping. El thought that sounded like a good idea, she rested her head on her seatbelt and thought about how she'd see Mike soon, she dozed off very quickly.

She woke up as they pulled into the Wheeler's driveway. Eleven felt butterflies in her stomach, as soon as the car stopped, she she unbuckled and opened the door.

"Woah slow down!" Joyce said laughing. El froze for a second.

"Sorry." She said innocently, then proceeded to sprint to the door. She couldn't believe that in just a few seconds she'd see Mike again. El could hear Christmas music faintly playing inside the house. She reached the door and pounded her fist against it excitedly, as if her life depended on it.

Inside, Mike got up from the couch where he was talking to Lucas, Dustin and Max and ran to the door as fast as his lanky legs could carry him.

"El!" Mike said engulfing her small figure in his arms.

"Mike!" She whispered into his shoulder.

"I missed you, so much." Mike said happy to have his beautiful girlfriend right in front of him.

"I missed you too." El said, leaning in to kiss him.

"Could you guys please move?" Will asked impatiently.

"Shhh, Will. They're in love." Joyce whispered.

"Sorry." Mike said awkwardly, grabbing El's hand and walking into the house. They all hung out in the living room for a while, opening presents and catching up. The small talk continued on for about two hours and El was bored out of her mind and dying to get some alone time with Mike.

"Mike, C'mon" El whispered, grabbing Mike's hand that rested over her shoulder. Mike got up with no hesitation and started walking towards the basement. As they walked past Lucas turned and mimicked two people making out, to which Mike responded with a dirty look. When they got into the basement they quickly settled into the blanket fort that had been getting too small for both of them. They leaned against the wall, their hands intertwined, El rested her head on Mike's shoulder. The talked for a while, about the good and the bad.

"I still miss him a lot." El said a tear slipped down her face. Mike was quick to wipe that tear away.

"I know you do, I do too, but El, I'll always be here for you and I love you with all my heart."

"I love you too." El said kissing Mike tenderly. They heard a ruckus upstairs and stopped for a minute, Mike shrugged and leaned back in and kissed El, when the basement door flung open and a booming, but sincere voice interrupted them.

"Hey, I said three inches minimum."

Ah, that was my first one sorry if it was bad, I know this was really unrealistic, but I tried.