Chapter 22

NOLAN

“What the hell is happening here?”

I ask as I rub my cheeks with my palms. I feel the  metallic taste of blood in my mouth and I rise up quickly.

The intruder is none other than Vadim, Fenna's brother. I've seen him severally in her gallery and I'm sure she's the one.

Tess is behind him, grinning from ear to ear.

“What was that for?”

I ask, feigning ignorance.

“Leave my sister alone you bull! She's not ready for a heartbreak!”

He's about to punch me again when heavy arms lifts him up and swirls him around, then finally throwing him on the couch next to me.

Tess us squealing like a mongoose, in Amir's hands.

“Let go off me you bastard!”

Amir is the most impatient one therefore he gives her a resounding slap and throws her on the couch next to Vadim.

Their faces shows alot of fright and I suddenly feel for them. My jaw hurts like crazy and I turn to Vadim.

Our eyes meet and his eyes show alot of hatred for me.

“You son of a bitch! You'll pay for this!”

He barks at me and Ralph twists his arm painfully.

“You'll break my arm damn!”
He squeals!

“This is what you get for messing up with my boss!”
Ralph shouts.

“Your boss? This poor thing your boss?”

Tess asks and Amir draws her gun. He points at both of them simultaneously and they both lie on the ground, their hands over their heads.

“Just return the gun Amir, they're not worth shading blood for!”

I shout and amir does as I've said.

“Sit down you two...”

I command.

They both sit up and I can tell they're scared out of their shit!

I signal Ralph and Amir to leave us and they walk towards the door but not before Amir spits at Vadim.

“I won't ask you why you hit me Vadim. I know you protect your sister but that was uncalled for!”

I tell Vadim who's still facing downwards.

“Being poor doesn't make me less human. I deserve love and now that I've met Fenna, I'm not going to let my anger blur my judgement. You're my brother in law and I won't hurt you for the sake of our relationship....”

“Honey, are you alright?”

Fenna who's standing at the door asks.

Her eyes move from Vadim to Tess, who are seated on the floor and they move to me.

She runs towards me and hugs me passionately and places a protective arm around my shoulders.

“Babe you're bleeding!”

She observes as her soft fingers trace my jaw.

I can tell she's angry by the way she's breathing.

She leaves my side and walks towards Tess. I'm sure she can't ask her bro anything because he's her elder.

“Tess!”

She calls out angrily.

“Why are you both here? And who beat Nolan up?”