Chapter 8

Fenna.

I barely concentrate during the dinner treat. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Who's Nolan?
Where did he get all that money to furnish the office?
I don't buy  his story at all.
A cab driver, saving all that money only to throw it away to someone who's just a mere friend?

It's barely five days since we met and he's doing all these to me?

He has even gone to an extend of pinning a poster on the office door for vacancies.
Wah!

“Fenna, you're not eating?”

He makes me snap from my reverie.

“I'm just anxious and overjoyed. I've never pictured myself running a business leave alone such a big office!”
I voice my concerns.

“Well, brace yourself. I've already spoken to my cousin and he'll be picking the car tomorrow. I'll help you with everything!”

He assures me.

“I have a request to make...”

“I'm all ears.”

“Let's be partners. Let's co-own the business. That way, I'll learn alot from you!”

“No problem dear. I'm game...”
At least that makes me a little bit relieved.

However, the anxiety won't let me eat my food.

“Let's get going dear, we have an office to run and interviews to conduct tomorrow. You need a good nights sleep.”

I gladly take his hand as we walk outside the restaurant.

The drive to my house isn't that long. I'm all overjoyed because at least I'll be busy from tomorrow. I won't inform my parents and Vadim till the business catches up!

Nolan pulls up over at my gate and hoots. The gateman opens the gate but he declines to drive in. Instead, he comes down then helps me open my door.

“I'll pick you tomorrow very early before Lucien comes for the car.”

“Thanks dear. How will I ever repay you!”
I'm almost in tears.

“Just get in there and have a good rest....”

We hug passionately then I bid him goodbye as I get into my compound.

As he drives off, I'm tempted to blow him a kiss and tell him how much I love him!

I head straight to my bedroom and as I rummage through my closet, I can't help but giggle inwardly. I have more jeans than dresses. I choose a nice dress and shoes and set them aside.

I make a mental note to go shopping immediately I make my first dime.
*******
As I slump on bed that night, I can't help but thank Tess for making Nolan and I meet.
I'm sure she'll die with jealous when she gets to hear about our joint business.

I don't even miss her.

She proudly walked out on me and fed my family with lies. I don't even want to see her. Never again!

*Hope you've slept!*

It's a message from Nolan.

I giggle as I reply.

*Not yet. Just lying on bed.*

*Catch some sleep please. We need the energy tomorrow!*

*Okay sir! Goodnight😘*

I then put my phone away to charge and after sometime, I'm snoring my way to dreamland.

*******
I'm woken up by the alarm. I'm still sleepy but I just encourage myself. I need the cash because I can't rely on my parents forever.

I rush downstairs to the kitchen to prepare myself some coffee and eggs.

After I'm full, I rush to the bathroom and take a shower then dress up abruptly.
Nolan will be here within no time because he's ever time conscious.

*******

I'm a little bit nervous as we step out if the elevator towards the office.

Nolan unlocks the door and we get in, still nervous. He seems to be confident, in his grey suit. I've never seen him in a suit before...only jeans and t-shirts.

“You look breathtaking my dear.  You'll be the most beautiful CEO in town!”
I blush in shyness.
I didn't expect such a sweet complement from him.

“Thanks dear. I feel flattered. You look like a demigold in your suit dear. I hope I'll be seeing you in suit more oftenly!”

We've already taken our position in the inner office.
He had to bring one table and a desktop inside my office so that we may work together.

Before long, there's a knock at the door and we all go to check who's knocking.

Let's just say that, that day we end up conducting interviews for cleaners, tea girls, messengers, receptionists, and a few more workers.

We chose to handle the finances and recruitment for the time being till we're stable enough!

Having settled for the best and salary negotiations plus duty allocation, we're good to go.

The day is a beehive of activities as we look for clients.

As we have dinner in my house later that night, I find myself convincing Nolan to move in with me but he blatantly refuse.
I try to reason out with him, hoping he'll see reason so as to stop using a lot of money paying for his house.

He assures me that he'll be fine even after giving him one of the guest rooms to be using as his.

“I'll be fine dear. Trust me...”
He assures me.

“Meanwhile, Lucien will be driving us to job and back till we get other means....”

“Thankyou for everything Nolan. I'll forever be indebted to you...”

I tell him as we watch a movie after dinner. He had made a tasty meal of baked chicken with fries.

“It's nothing dear. For you, I can do more...”

He says as he gets closer to me on the couch.

He holds my hands and looks me straight in the eye.

“For you, I'll buy the whole world...”

At first, I'm surprise...or so I act.
I knew from the beginning that he had some feelings for me.

His face is almost touching mine but I don't resist. I can feel his hot breathe on my face.

I close my eyes, anticipating whatever is on the way.

I'm in that position for almost two minutes but nothing happens.

I slowly open my eyes only to see him shying away as he withdraws his hands from mine.

“Sorry Fenna, I was carried away. This won't happen again...I promise...”
He tries to apologise.

He doesn't know his much I had anticipated the moment.

This is just enough!

I draw closer to him, promising myself that I'll finish whatever he started.

In a blink of an eye, I take his face into my hands and as our hot lips meet in a frenzy kiss, the door is knocked and I literary jump up in fright!