Part 2

Lady Rhaenyra Stark leaned against a wooden post, watching her husband with his brothers. Beside her, their two-year-old son sat. Lord Domeric Stark, the heir to Winterfell and the Dreadfort, sat quietly next to his mother slapping his hands against the mud. He would proudly show her his dirty hands before giddily wiping them on her dress. Rhaenyra did not mind, she just smiled at him in encouragement.

She bent to pick him up, he clapped his small hands together as she spoke, "Filthy boy. My filthy silly boy, I ought to bathe you now." He squirmed in her arms as she kissed his cheek. Rhaenyra situated him properly on her waist, his leg rested against her pregnant stomach.

She had lived in Winterfell for nearly three years, it was her home. Rhaenyra admired every bit of the castle, the people even more. She had grown attached to the pack of wolves, she was a member herself. Their closeness enveloped her with each passing day. Rhaenyra was proud it did.

"Don't call him filthy, he is all but," laughed Robb from his place near his brothers. He turned to meet her gaze, his blue eyes making her heart quicken.

"His hands say otherwise," she lifted their son's small, stained hand. Robb smiled before turning to further encourage Bran on his bow stance.

Oh how I love him, she thought. Robb had changed since the start of their marriage. He no longer had the uncontrollable red mop she loved so much; it was now constantly tamed. His body had evolved into that of a man, Rhaenyra hardly complained. Robb's once skinny stature was now a muscle build, toned from his training. He is so manly now, Rhaenyra giggled, recalling her thoughts on their wedding night.

Jon, who was calmly standing near Bran, whispered to him. Rhaenyra could not hear, she readjusted her son in her arms and walked to the youngest Stark. Rickon was situated on a stable bar, happily sitting on a saddle that was placed atop. "And what are you giggling at little lord?" He continued to laugh as he looked at her from under his curly hair.

"Watching Bran, he keeps missing. When I train I won't miss," the small boy giggle. With her free hand, Rhaenyra ruffled his hair.

"Don't be smart, Rickon." She attempted to scold him while holding back a laugh. Their conversation was interrupted by a roar of laughter, Bran had missed again. Robb and Jon nearly fell over in humor. It was at that moment when Rhaenyra noticed Lord and Lady Stark.

The two were watching from the balcony above. "And which one of you was a marksman at ten," questioned Eddard. Rickon continued to laugh as his older brothers blushed. Rhaenyra looked to her husband and good brothers, she let her eyes linger on Jon. His eyes glared up to the balcony, Lady Stark stood starring down at him. She pushed Rickon's face to her, not wanting him to see his mother degrading his bastard brother.

"What did Maester Luwin teach you today?" Rhaenyra smiled at him. Rickon began to tap his finger along his nephew's foot.

Rickon continued to stare at Domeric's small foot, "About your house." He looked back up to her, letting his hand fall back to his thigh. "Our blades are sharp."

"Yes, our blades are shar-" she was interrupted by the sound of an arrow ripping through the air. Rhaenyra held Domeric closer to her chest as she turned her head. An arrow struck the target.

"Arya!'' Bran ran quickly to chase his older sister, she rolled her eyes as she watched the two run by. Rhaenyra placed her son on the floor, holding both his hands to help him steady. Together, they slowly walked to Robb.

"My beautiful boy!" Robb exclaimed as he knelt to the floor, arms opened. Domeric released his mother's hands at the sight of his father, he eagerly ran to him with his brown hair bouncing with every wobbly step. He happily ran to his father's waiting arms. "Leaving so soon?" His eyes meet Rhaenyra's.

"I am sorry husband, but we are dirty. Mudd seems to be our son's favorite thing. When you return, you will have a clean child and wife awaiting you. Along with a hot bath for yourself." She walked closer to him, kissing his cheek. Her arms slid between his, pulling their son from him. "Say farewell to daddy, Domeric." Rhaenyra waved softly to Robb encouraging their son.

"Bye dada," came the sweet voice. Robb inched toward their son and swiftly kissed his head. The child hid his head in his mother's shoulder, not fond of his father's beard. With that, she left the courtyard. 

In her quarters, Rhaenyra lovingly gazed at her child. "Stinky boy," She sang as she tickled Domeric on her bed. "My stinky boy." She kissed his belly, grateful he would squeal in delight. "My stinky boy is clean." She lifted him gently to begin to place his diaper on. "My stinky stinky boy is all clean." Rhaenyra pushed his wet hair from his forehead and tapped his nose.

"Rhaenyra?'' Came Catelyn's voice from the other side of the door, followed swiftly by a knock. "May I come in?" She gave the woman a yell of yes.

Catelyn stalked in, standing tall. Her gown was lined with fur, a true noblewoman. Rhaenyra's inspiration. "I have news. May I," she gestured to the bed for her to sit. Rhaenyra nodded.

"What is happening in the North today, Cat? You look absolutely flustered." Rhaenyra helped Domeric sit up, he pulled himself towards the pillows to examine their stitching. She placed a hand on her stomach, trying not to itch the ever stretching skin.

Catelyn looked to her grandson, watching the toddler's every move. "When is the next one to be born?" Her eyes then looked towards her daughter in law's large stomach that was covered by a thin nightgown.

"The end of this month or next. Maester Luwin believes it is another boy, I am carrying the same as last. Hopefully soon, I am once again the size of a pregnant giant." Rhaenyra's hand went to a lower position, the child within continued to shift. "Why?"

Catelyn gave her a horrified glance, "Because," she began to cress the fur on her sleeves. "The king rides for Winterfell, with the entire lot of them." Rhaenyra sat straighter in the bed, her hands gripping the bed.

"All," she paused. "All the Lannisters too then?" All Catelyn did was a nod. "We best start making our preparations."