Intro

"(Name), I think we should take some time." Bucky says catching me off guard as I stop making dinner my hands hovering over what I had been cooking. The scent of simmering Kielbasa filling the air. "I know this comes completely out of left field; but-"

"Don't," I interject as I turn the stove off and move to the other end of the room to meet his eyes. "Don't sugarcoat it, just tell me why?"

"I..." He pauses his eyes glancing downward unable to meet my gaze.

"It's about her isn't it?" I ask bringing my arms up to fold them over my chest as I try to hold back the tears.

"(Name)..." Bucky says trying to steer the conversation.

"I'm right, aren't I?" I scoff to myself. It was no surprise that Bucky had been spending more time with Natasha. They had a history anyway. A history I could never even fathom to understand. He goes to answer but I stop him by holding my hand up at him. "You don't have to explain. Um, I'm going to go. Dinner was almost done; so, please don't waste it." I walk away from him and reaching the door, I grab my coat, wallet, and phone; before I step through the doorway and out into the night air.

A part of me wished he'd come after me, but I knew he wouldn't. I keep walking tears stinging as they stream down my cheeks. My mind races as I think about all the good times the two of us had had together. I had loved him. I'd never told him since he never said the words to me either. We started dating after we spent a passionate night together, and the more we were together the closer we got. He told me his fears and secrets as I told him my own. I thought he loved me back. Apparently, I was wrong.

I pause on the street corner unsure of where I was to go now when a noise caught my ears. At first it sounded like a screech and then the clanking of metal followed making me narrow my eyes. Suddenly, like I was in a trance, I felt myself being pulled toward the noise. My feet started moving on their own as I crossed the street. I see a mysterious figure in the darkness and before I can see it clearly, I feel my legs being pulled out from under me as the world disappears into a pool of blackness.

A scream escapes my lips as I feel air rush past me. I look around trying to find anything to grab onto, but my eyes found nothing amongst the abyss. Suddenly a form appears against the blackness making me stare wide eyed as it moves downward with me its hand outstretched towards me. As it's hand wraps around my throat I feel my throat close as it suddenly becomes hard to breathe. I reach back toward the being to try to touch it, to fight against it but my hands just pass through it, a mist-like texture grazing my fingertips.

Dark spots feel my eyes as I start to feel consciousness slip through my fingers. Before I lose all consciousness, I unexpectedly feel the soft grassy ground beneath my body knocking out what little air I had left. As I start to drift away, I hear loud voices and what was I smelling? Oak trees?