Questions & Details

Notes From The Author:

The following pages I use to ether list details you may have missed or answer common questions a lot of readers had before publishing. Here are some of the common listed questions I received from early beta readers:

•Will you be continuing this story?

Absolutely. I have no plans on stopping the work I have set out to finish. There's five total arcs, with arc one being the shortest. I have already finished the scaffolding of the entire story, so I know exactly where it's heading. As for exactly how long it will be, I do not know. Possibly, somewhere around 100-120 chapters at the most.

•What are the rules and limitations of magic in this world? What are mana crystals exactly? Is it a hard magic system or soft?

This is a hard magic system. The rules and limitations of magic are entirely based around the ability with which you are born. The method of using and linking mana to that skill, along with other set rules and methods, would take too long to explain. These points are later explained in future chapters, so if you wish to find out, I hope to see you read them.

•Will there be an audio book?

I've actually considered this, and if the series actually gets popular enough, I will take the time to make it entirely into a book format to make it easier for audiobook readers. So perhaps in the future.

•Who did you make this for?
For yourself? Who, and why?

I made this for the people who have been wanting a story for Paladins for ages. (If you don't know what that is, give it some attention and give the devs some love! They try.) It actually began as a bonus assignment given to me by one of my writing professors. It went: "You are hired by a company to write a story arc/script for an already established IP that they already own. You are to reboot the story from the ground up, however, they encourage you to stay true to the intentions of the original creators." I took this not expecting to do much with it, but by chance one of my friends was playing the newly released champion Maeve on Paladins on his laptop. We joked around about the idea of me writing a story for her and he told me that my writing is a little too serious for a four foot pink girl. Well, I won that bet.

•Are you going to be staying in first person? Why did you decide to switch to first person?

No, every chapter after this will be in third person. I chose to do first person because it makes for a far more wholesome and heartwarming perspective between the relationship of Ethan and Maeve. It was simply a creative choice.

•Why does the cover look like her in game model? Why did you specifically go for that style?

I believed that it was perfect because this is an adaptation of the in game lore, so it's a call back to her original home. When it becomes a manga or a comic, the cover will be modified to said style.

•Why make it like a manga, and not just a regular comic?

Well because the devs and most of the community are huge anime fans, and I'm fairly certain that would love it if it became as such. It's important to know who your audience is.

•Are you going to include every character from the game? Who is not included and why?

It was incredibly difficult to find and write a narrative compelling reason for over forty plus characters to exist in each setting, but I managed. I wanted to make sure every character got as much love as Maeve did, and after years of planning, I'm certain I've succeeded. Future characters added in new updates however are likely not to be included as I do not wish to shoehorn anyone into the story. I will simply leave it up to the fans of this particular work to write in how they believe that characters story would have been told. I'm only one person, I can't do it all.