Start of Something New

August 30th, 1991

August 30th, 1991.

The beautiful and fruitful bursting atmosphere was simmering down and nature was becoming more quiet and less present. Summer was slowly but surely coming to end, a much pleasing revelation to 16, soon to be 17 year old FP Jones, whose summer wasn't exactly filled with joy and pleasing memories.

A few fist fights here and there, a minor arrest, a permanent suspension and the death of a father he barely knew all landed him here; in the passengers seat of his mothers truck, fleeing the harsh, depraved and derelict environment of Centreville for a fresh start.

The cool summer breeze hit his perfectly chiseled and freshly shaven face as he leaned out of the front window, taking in the slightly familiar sights of the forgotten town his mother grew up in, Riverdale.

It was familiar to him as he too had spent the first three years of his life in this seemingly peaceful suburban town.

Being used to the city life, he wasn't quite sure how he'd settle in. He was used to traffic lights and jaywalking, rats and pigeons scurrying around the pavement, constant car horn honking and swearing on the streets, not evergreen fields of grass, polite neighbours walking around and greeting him and communal town activities.

"Whole lotta fields." He quietly points out, gaining his mothers attention.

She nods, still keeping her eyes on the road. "You used to love running around in them when you were a baby." She says, quietly reminiscing on an infant FP joyously running around and enjoying nature.

He was always very adventurous and curious in that way, he loved the outdoors and always found it hard to keep him inside. He'd spent more time digging up bugs and jumping into leaves rather than playing video games and with actions figures like other kids his age, but he always did like to stand out and do his own thing.

He chuckles softly, knowing his mother is happily playing those images over in her head. "Well things change Mom, people change." He states bluntly.

He catches her face remain stoic at the corner of his eye as she turns the corner into what looked to be a trailer park, his suspicions proved to be correct when his eyes landed on a giant red and yellow sign with a rising sun on it. Welcome to Sunnyside trailer park. It was right there in big bold bright yellow writing, all block letters, a nice welcome to any of the neighbourhoods new faces.

Fiona drove their truck through the baked, dry and sandy dirt road the trailers were lined up on. Just entering the very environment in which she grew up, had her first kiss, met her first love, got married raised many mixed that erupted feelings within her. She had history here, and many memories. Some brought out the immense joy in her, leading to a warm feeling of butterflies floating in her stomach and a beaming smile so wide you could see it from behind, while some made her shudder to her core, leaving constant chills up her spine and goosebumps all over. She had done a good job at hiding that I'll from FP and that's exactly what she intended to do until he was ready to hear the truth.