🌹the whole of the moon🌹

"Too high, too soon, too far...you saw the whole of the moon"

"When someone you love becomes a memory,
the memory becomes a treasure." – Unknown

***

It was like slow motion, a bad memory or nightmare happening right infront of your eyes....

A bullet shiny with a golden tip tears through the flesh of someone just seconds ago you were speaking to about future events....

***

"NOAH !"

Millie gasped catching the rest of the groups attention away from the shooter, Noah had a small patch appearing on his chest as his eyes welled with tears and distraught recognition that this was his end, he grabbed his chest loosely falling back onto the soft couch gasping for air as the pain shot through him. Mostly everyone that was at the party had ran out at this point including the masked shooter, the group remained as they desperately tried to stop the blood spilling out the young boys chest , Millie's hands engulfed in metallic fluid as tears welled in her eyes and she screamed for someone to phone an ambulance which Sophia had already done and was stuttering down the line trying to catch her unsettling breath.

The ambulance was quicker than usual as they came down the road accompanied by the police , they rushed in grabbing Noah and working swiftly to get him to the hospital, Millie stood glaring at her blood coated hands as it began to dry and tighten like a coat of cement.

Finn tried to shake her out of it but all she could do was stare at the red that only deepened as it was left.

"Millie ! We need to follow the ambulance !"

Finn yelled finally catching her attention as she looked up at him dumb founded stretching out her arm as he grabbed it and basically dragged her like a rag doll out sadies front door and into calebs car which everyone was crammed into tightly.

No one spoke....the dark night surrounded the moving vehicle. every once and a while street lights and head lights from on coming traffic would illuminate the car letting them catch a glimpse of each other's distraught faces, their Halloween makeup drooping down their skin as the silence infected the space.

Then they pulled up....

The ambulance came to a halt and as did they...

But none of them moved as they watched Noah be rolled out the back of the deadly van, barely getting time to see what his condition was as they pushed him inside so quick only leaving a slight picture of a red stain in their minds.