Peter nodded at him gratefully and turned to the biggest centaur and asked "If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

The centaur waited glancing between the kings and the prince before eventually nodding "Or die trying my liege."

I glanced at Lucy worriedly, why was Narnia all about dying all of a sudden? The stories I got told were of beautiful carriages and Father Christmas not war and death.

"That's what were worried about." Lucy said snapping her head up.

"Sorry?" Caspian replied.

"Well, your all acting like there's only two options. Dying here or dying there." Lucy added. I felt my face drop as I realised that was true.

"I'm not sure you've really been listening,Lu." Peter responded.

"No, you're not listening. Have you really forgotten who defeated the White Witch, Peter?" Lucy defended.

Peter stared at Lucy with a sad look in his eyes "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough."

Suddenly, I was filled with a surge of anger "Whoever Aslan is it doesn't matter. What matters is us staying together and being safe. This place is beautiful and we were meant to enjoy our time here. Now look at us, planning to storm a castle for a load of creatures we met 5 minutes ago." I shouted before storming out.

Lucy and Edmund locked eyes and followed me out whilst Susan glared at Peter and said "That was nicely handled."

*

After a while, my siblings (apart from Lucy) had decided to go and storm the castle. Lucy and I waited on the cracked stone table nervously. Lucy was clutching her cordial that could save anyone's life with just one drop as I was tapping my fingers on the edge of the table.

"They're back!" We heard someone shout from outside. Upon hearing this, I leaped from the table and sprinted outside, followed by Lucy.

"What happened?" Lucy asked as the army, that had massively reduced by size, walked back to us deflated.

"Ask him." Peter said scowling at Caspian.

"Peter, don't..." Susan started.

"Me? You could have called it of their was still time!" Caspian defended himself.

Peter stopped walking and stared at the prince "No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

Caspian stepped closer to Peter so the two boys were face to face. "And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" He shouted.

"You called us remember." Peter retorted.

"My first mistake." Caspian replied sourly.

I ran forward to get in between the boys. "Peter, stop it! You two Caspian!" They both ignored me and Edmund pulled me towards him and out of the fight.

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter told him.

"Enough both of you!" Susan tried to intervene but she was also ignored as the boys continued arguing.

"Hey! I'm not the one that abandoned Narnia." Caspian said as silence fell over the crowd.

I watched Caspian's face as he realized what he had just said. He tried to apologize to the hurt Susan before Peter stopped him.

"Don't talk to her! You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father!" Peter yelled at him, hitting Caspian right where it hurt.

"Enough!" Susan finished.

We watched as poor little Trumpkin was being carried forward towards Lucy. He was limp and lifeless in another dwarfs arms. I cried out and ran forward to sit by where he laid as Lucy ran forward with her cordial. She gave him a drop and he sprung back to life. I stared at him in misbelief before engulfing him in a hug. I felt him tense up and then finally relaxing into it.