The Ruins

Sophie's POV
Everything was silent. In the distance I heard the washing of water and the singing of seagulls. I guessed that I was imagining it, I had always wanted to go to the beach.

Peter whispered in my ear "It's okay Soph, look around you."

I lifted my head from his shoulder to see the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The sun was shining on a beach. A real life beach in front of my eyes! In the distance there was turquoise water that glistened in the sun. As Peter put me down I sunk slightly into the sand.

Lucy giggled and everyone started stripping themselves of their shoes, socks, blazers and hats. I did the same and raced after Lucy and Susan into the water. I ran straight in and it felt amazing. It was so warm and comforting but refreshing at the same time. I had never learnt how to swim so I stayed close to Susan but we didn't go too far out. Peter and Edmund followed us in and splashed us. We all got into a massive water fight. Everything was pure bliss.

I tripped and fell into the water completely drenching myself. All my siblings stopped and stared at me cautiously until I erupted into a fit of giggles. Peter picked me up and started spinning me around so I felt like I was flying. The water flew off my skirt and sprayed onto everyone else. Edmunds shocked face was enough to send me into another fit of giggles.

Suddenly I remembered something, I had no idea where we were. I asked everyone if they knew and they looked amused with my question.

"Where do you think?" Lucy replied with a cheeky grin that I returned.

"Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia." Edmund added.

"Ruins?" Susan questioned.

Edmund just continued staring at the cliff. We all followed his gaze up to a mound of rock on the cliff facing the beach. They were a cream color and there were many different rocks in different shapes. They almost resembled a castle.

We all looked at each other at the same time and started racing each other out of the water and on to the hill. As we were running, I started falling behind because I was so small. Edmund saw this and ran back to put me on  his shoulders.

We ended up beating everyone else to the top, me and Edmund cheered as Peter scowled. He could be competitive sometimes.

Everyone started exploring in different directions. Peter went up some steps, Lucy stared out at the water and I was walking across a strip of rock whilst Susan held my hand to stop me from falling.

Lily suddenly spoke up "I wonder who lived here" she said but it didn't sound like she expected an answer.

"I think we did" Susan replied as she knelt down to pick up a chess piece. It was solid gold and glowed like a diamond in the sun.

I jumped down from the rock as everyone came round to look at the chess piece. "Hey, that's mine, from my chess set." Edmund said whilst snatching it out of Susan's hand.

Peter looked at Edmund confused "Which chess set?"

"Well I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley did I?" Edmund said sarcastically.

"You had a solid gold chess set here?" I said in amazement.

Lucy was gazing around the ruins and muttered under her breath "It can't be."
She then sprinted off.