3. To Fall Or Not To Fall?

~ If or not to fall in love isn't the question, because it's never voluntary. What makes the difference is, we get the love we think we deserve ~

Mihir was running behind Manik, who was jumping through the corridor and by the sofa to escape his younger brother, the servants of the house laughing at the two monkeys playing around until Mihir started panting due to exertion and Manik slowed down watching him. Stopping the goose chase completely, he made Mihir sit down and handed him a glass of water.

"What Bhai? You care too much, you didn't have to loose you know!", Mihir teased, gulping down the water sip by sip, only to earn a slight hit right on his head.

"That's not care bro, its pity!", Manik blew air on his nails, completely dismissing the confused look on Mihir's face.

"Pity?", Mihir asked again, and Manik shrugged.

"Yeah, I am pitying Raima. With this little, stamina you have, you know-", Manik shrugged again, super casually, and Mihir went all red in embarrassment at the hidden tease thrown his way.

"Bhaiiiiii", before anyone could know it, the tom and Jerry show had again began, messing the entire drawing room and the house.

Manik could not stop laughing at his brother's flushed face and shy eyes. They ran through the entire house finally falling on the bed in Manik's room, panting hard, both of them. They took a good look at each other before they began laughing again, holding their stomachs. Who would say they were two thirty year old and twenty eight year old respectively?

Mili barged in, extremely angry and sat on the bed, throwing a pillow at Manik and then at Mihir, her face grumpy and her hands crossed across her chest.

"Mili?", Manik sat up, on his knees and shifted closer to his baby sister. Mihir did the same on the other side. Mili looked at them, one by one and then pouted, alarming his brothers.

Because once Mili Malhotra, the complaint box began talking, they could not stop her and they could not leave without listening to her entire script which would continue for minimum 2 hours, with medical words and scenarios neither of them understood anyway, plus her logicless fights with Rishi that she would herself forget after two hours.

"Eeiii Mili, Would you have ice-cream? Chocolate right?", Manik acted on impulse and Mihir ran out, getting the meaning and rushed back with a tub of the same before Mili could say anything.

Three and a half minutes later, Mili had the ice cream in her hands, and Manik rolled the curtains in before switching on the projector to play 'Ye Jawani Hai Deewani'. Watching the same movie for the five hundredth time was more acceptable to the brothers than her grumpy complaint session.

Plus there could be no level of bad mood for Mili that her beloved Bunny and Naina could not fix anyway.

On the other side, Sumita Malhotra with her daughter Pallavi and daughter in law Ishani, was still sitting in Ishani's room. The question that had been raised, disturbed all the three women.

"But Bhabhi, we don't even know exactly what had happened", Pallavi stated sighing out loud, "One moment he was so ecstatic about asking that girl to the prom, and the other moment he came back from the prom to say she wasn't his type", Pallavi raised an eyebrow, shaking her head.

Ishani grimaced, that particular incident had haunted her for a good few days. She had asked Manik several times, but he had always let the topic go by smiling at her and shaking his head, or lying in her lap and distracting her with his other rambles.

Sumita Malhotra, looked at both of them with a grim expression. It had been something she had wanted to discuss for a long time.

"Have you both noticed something though? Manik never talks about himself to us, not anymore!", Sumita's words made both the ladies look at her, and they both nodded.

The alleged Happily ever after || COMPLETED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें