"You're welcome to stay at the Bauer Pack for as long as you want, Olivia." She states softly with a motherly smile.

"Thank you." I murmur and smile when Atticus looks up with longing and pain in his eyes. He doesn't want me to leave and I don't want to either. "I would like to stay if that's alright?"

His eyes light up and immediately he struggles to keep his expression neutral. I find myself biting my lip to stifle my laughter at the sight. Vasilia looks up at him with her brows raised and an amused expression at her son's actions. He clears his throat and nods as he crosses his arms to appear stern. But the flicker of happiness and the fleeting quirk of his lips betrays him.

I turn to my mom who looks heartbroken. "I'm sorry but I need time to heal and find trust in my family again. You all betrayed me and that is something I will never forget...but I need time to forgive. I am willing to work on mending our relationships though so I will visit from time to time."

"Thank you. That's all we ask." Dad replies gruffly as his eyes well up with tears.

Although I am mad at them I can't help but step forward and give them tight hugs. They cry out in relief and even I feel a few tears slip out from the corners of my eyes. The tension and hurt I've carried around for so long disappears and leaves me sagging in relief against them. I have wished for this for so long, for my family to believe me instead of the man who shattered my soul.

"Will you join us for dinner?" Tobias asks them with a warm smile once I pull away.

"If it won't be too much trouble?" Mom asks hopefully as she turns to me.

"Of course, not!" Vasilia grins excitedly before I say, "I would love for you three to stay a little longer."

My parents and Jason smile at me before they're whisked away by Vasilia and Tobias to the conservatory. I hear Vasilia call for the cook to prepare something quick before she calls Elias down to meet Jason as they used to be quite close back in the day.

And then, it's just Atticus and I left in the quiet room.

I turn to him with a bright smile as he steps closer. His eyes shine with relief and desire as they gaze into mine and I find myself feeling giddy suddenly. A soft sigh escapes me when he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me flush against his chest while I wind my arms around his neck in return. He rests his forehead against mine with a deep exhale and I can smell his minty fresh breath.

"I'm so glad you didn't leave." He admits in a soft murmur.

"Really?" I chuckle with a teasing smirk on my lips. "I wonder why?"

He stares back at me with such an intense look that I must stop myself from pouncing on him. "Because, as selfish as it sounds, I don't think I can let you go."

My breath hitches at his response and a smile instantly spreads across my lips. "You're so sweet."

"I bet you taste sweeter." He hums right before his lips come crashing down on mine.

I smile against his lips as they gently coax mine in a kiss that leaves me feeling lightheaded. He pulls away eventually, much to my disappointment, and bumps his nose against mine with a boyish grin. I chuckle and wrap my arms around his waist in a hug. His heart hammers away in his chest and it makes me happy inside knowing that I affect him just as much as he affects me.

"Are you sure you're happy to stay here? You know I'll support any decision of yours." He murmurs softly as he hugs me back.

I nod against his chest with a deep exhale. "Yes. It's going to take me some time to get over everything and I don't think going back to a pack who have been fed lies about me will help the process of healing."

He nods before we join our families for dinner. Arcadia walks in after the boys and I feel her happiness over the fact that I've reunited with my family again. And when dinner is served and we spend our time catching up with each other it feels like old times when we'd spend every summer at each other's packs. I feel slightly nostalgic but extremely happy.

Jason chatters away to me about his life and for a moment I feel sad that I wasn't there to watch him grow. I feel Atticus squeeze my hand and smile reassuringly when I glance at him. Sighing I spend the rest of the evening with my brother as we fill each other in on all that we've missed. Apparently he plays basketball and is quite good at it which I'm super proud of. His blue eyes light up with excitement as Atticus and Elias talk to him about going to college on a sports scholarship.

We also talk about the pack back home and I promise my parents I'll visit Quebec very soon. With Christmas break coming up that seems like the perfect time to go back since I'll be free. But I must be careful with Vincent still not retaliating. All he's done is send threats to Atticus so it's a waiting game right now and I can't be stupid by risking mine and everyone's safety.

After dinner everyone heads to bed and Atticus and I are the first to leave since we're quite tired from the flight. Well...I am at least since he slept for most of it. Sadly, my family will be returning to the pack early tomorrow morning and I make sure to set an alarm so that I can see them off before school.

"That went better than I expected." I smile as I walk into my room with Atticus following behind.

"I just don't get why Vincent went so far as to isolate you from your own family." He sighs as he takes a seat beside me on the bed.

"He promised to make my life a living hell when I first retaliated so I'm not that surprised. The extent that he went to does baffle me however." I shrug halfheartedly.

"Well, I'm happy that you guys have resolved everything. It hurt me to see you so sad, especially when I found you crying that day." He murmurs lowly as he caresses my cheek.

"Me too." I smile contently as I lay down beside him. "But I'm a little scared though."

"Why?" He frowns in confusion before turning to face me and pulling me closer.

"I don't know..." I trail off before biting my lip. "Everything is finally looking up for me. I'm afraid that perhaps it won't last."

"It will."

I can't help but chuckle at his confident tone. "How are you so sure?"

"Because you've suffered enough and this time you're not alone." He smiles before leaning forward to kiss me softly. "I'll make sure it lasts forever."

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 16 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

Update schedule is: every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

- R.W. ♡