"It's... I found it on the street. We think that it's some sort of drug, especially with the way it's packaged," I explained, not completely lying to her but not saying the truth either.

She bit her lower lip. "I can see why you think it may be a drug, but I can't tell what it is. My mom might, though. She's a nurse, and I'm sure she could find a way to test it at her work."

Ned and I shot each other a look. He tipped one of his eyebrows up and shrugged.

Seeing our slight discomfort at giving up the package, MJ added, "If you want, I can also just claim that I found it by the side of the street, so you guys definitely won't get in any trouble, no matter what it is."

I considered it for a minute before slowly nodding. For some reason, I found myself trusting her, and I was going with what my gut was saying. "Okay. All right. How long do you think it will take?"

"A couple of days, at most. I'll get back to you as soon as my mom will find out what it is," she responded, placing the package inside of her backpack.

"Thanks, MJ." I smiled, a weight taken off my shoulders.

Ned spoke up, "Yeah, thank you."

The bell rang, and we gathered our backpacks and took off towards the direction of our next class. "See you, MJ." We said goodbye to her as we went separate ways. 

Without worrying about how to figure out what the package is, I could focus more easily on the history lesson. The teacher was describing Andrew Jacksons' presidency, and I could jot down notes regarding the Trail of Tears. The class ended soon, and before we knew it, Ned and I were making our way home again, heavy backpacks slung over our shoulders. We walked in comfortable silence, mulling over the events over the past days. I had told him about the Avengers' new mission when I finally arrived back at his house, and we both were a bit worried over how I would evade them during my patrols. It meant I would have to deal with criminals faster and then quickly disappear before the Avengers could arrive.

We bid each other goodbye when we had to go separate ways, and I continued on my path to the Stark Tower.  

I was in my thoughts, wondering what we would be doing today in the lab when my spidey sense screamed at me to move out of the way, accompanied by a harsh squeal of tires. I threw my body out of the way the crosswalk as a car sped by, the person behind the wheel turning the car sharply to the right.

"He's going to kill someone," I muttered, pushing myself to my feet and starting to run after it. Soon, I realized why it was driving so fast. Police cars were chasing after it, driving into the same main road from different street segments. I ducked into an alleyway, snapped my web-shooters on my wrists, pulled my mask over my face, and secured my backpack on the wall before sprinting back out. I didn't bother changing into my red and blue hoodie and pants before I sent a web at the top of a building, picking myself up from the ground and into the air. 

Following the police sirens, it didn't take long for me to catch up to them mainly due to my advantage of basically flying over traffic while they had to dodge cars and obstacles. 

I landed on top of the gray car that had nearly hit me, my sticky hands keeping me from flying off.

The car screeched as it ran a red light, avoided incoming cars, and twisted to go to the right. It flung my lower part of the body off the car, but the upper part kept steady because of my hands. My legs hit the side of the car, and I tried to find a place to stand on with my feet. I was able to cling onto the edge of the window with my feet, despite the car's efforts to throw me off. 

I climbed down, so I could look into the back window. I regretted that action a moment later. 

I found Zenon grinning at me, with his black mask still covering his face, and I froze in shock. My stomach felt like it was curling in on itself as I watched him roll down the window. He gave me a wink and the person beside him handed him a gun. Seeing the weapon jolted me out of my shock, and I quickly scrambled back on top of the car.