fighting every second of the day for your dreams

- Chapter 1: As Long As You Love Me -

Alexandra kneeled silently on the floor of her bedroom as she tried to successfully open one of her two large windows. After a sharp tug on the latch, it opened halfway with ease and allowed the silence of the night to enter her room. She stood up, a triumphant grin on her lips, leaned out of the window a bit, and looked out into the darkness, trying to catch part of her father's 'important' discussion to her boyfriend that 'had to happen immediately, or it would be a lost cause.'

His words, not hers.

You see, her father, Anthony d'Ecclesia, wasn't very accepting of the fact that she was seeing her boyfriend of six months, Justin Bieber.

Her family -which only consisted of Alexandra and her dad-, was rich, living in a gated community with a large house on a golf course. Her father was a successful lawyer with stocks in companies such as Apple and Coca Cola. And she herself aspired to be a writer; a songwriter, journalist, editor, author, anything that required writing. Alexandra had always had a gift with words, even when she was a little girl.

On the other hand, Justin resided closer to the city in a small house that he shared with his young, energetic mother Pattie. Though they were struggling with rent and were below the poverty line, their spirits never died out. Ever. His days contained working at the nearby brake-shop during the day and busking on the streets whenever he had the time. His dream was to sing professionally, and once there, to give his mother everything that she deserved.

Though they lived in separate parts of town, when Justin and Alexandra met, they instantly fell in love with each other. Their own Cinderella Story, if you will.

The petite teenage girl was expected to wear mostly designer brands (Prada, Dolce & Gabanna, etc...), but instead she opted to wear old concert T-shirts (Pat Benetar, The Beatles, Guns 'n' Roses), jeans, and her combat boots. Justin was the same, though his were obviously not designer and evidently more worn. His dirty blonde hair that was spiked with gel, his bright hazel eyes that often darkened, numerous tattoos, and black stud earrings gave the aura of being 'badass'. On the other hand, Alexandra had dark red hair (Dyed, of course, and ever-changing.), blue-green eyes, her ears pierced twice, and a small belly-button piercing (Not something she really wanted to remember). After her father found out about it and with one stare told her that he absolutely despised it, she liked, no loved it even more. She was always a bit of a rebel.

Despite her rebellious streak, Alexandra was and always had been 'Daddy's Little Girl'. But the two had been slowly yet surely drifting apart, like an overweight person longing to fit into their favorite jeans.

Her father claimed that it was Justin's fault; that he was 'turning her into someone different', though really, it was him. Since she could remember, her father had always had a problem with alcohol. Every night for a long while, Anthony would sneak off to meet his friends and colleagues around nine, and then come back at some ungodly hour, drunk off his ass and as incoherent as a person in a coma. But he never neglected his daughter or raised a hand to her, she was his whole world and he loved her. Alexandra was all that he had left.

Tonight, however, he had decided that he wasn't going to go out. Instead, Anthony stayed home and had what he thought was an epiphany, meaning that he wanted to turn his life around and make decisions that were good for both his well-being and his daughter's.

That had been a big shock to Alex -that was Alexandra's preferred name- when Justin had brought her home from their date today. When she usually came home from seeing Justin, the house was desolate and cold-feeling, which meant that her father had not been home for a while.