√ Chapter 1

Introduction

Remember when you were a little girl and all you ever dreamed about was having a loving mate that you will grow old with? And maybe a few kids here and there...

Well, all that will eventually become a reality sooner or later.

For me, it became a reality and a nightmare.

Yup, I definitely got more than I bargained for.

Literally.

"Well, well, well..."

Hannah smiles deviously. "Look who finally decides to show up."

I roll my eyes as a small smile etched onto my face. Hannah is a good childhood friend of mine, as well as Willow's.

The three of us grew up together as our fathers were also childhood friends.

Today, Hannah is turning 20.

To celebrate, Willow and I had agreed to help her host a birthday bash at a hotel.

I had thought she meant a hotel within the pack borders, but instead, it was to a hotel in the human realm.

In other words, a forbidden area where humans dwell and creatures like us folks stay away from.

I was late to the party because well, an overprotective father asks quite a lot of unnecessary and silly questions. I guess you could say he's kind of old schooled since he doesn't really like the idea of going to the human realm so much.

"I'm sorry, Hannah." I apologize, giving her a hug. You know how my dad is. I had to tell him a little white lie to be here."

Hannah gasps dramatically, "You didn't!"

I nod. "The man wouldn't stop talking!"

Hannah rolled her eyes with a smile. "I was being sarcastic, Haze."

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Well, I'm here now so-"

"Woohoo!" We hear Willow's loud voice as she dances her way to us.

She tackles me with a hug, exclaiming, "Haze! I forgot to say something to you."

"Will, you stink of alcohol." I said, peeling her arms off of me.

"Am not! This is called sparkling juice, duh." She wave the bottle of champagne in my face.

I face palmed. "One minute in and you're already like this. Also, that's not even sparkling juice!"

Hannah laughs as she took my hands and move them along to the music.

"Oh come on! Have some fun once in a while, you toot." Willow tease as she, too, breaks into a silly dance.

I took a moment of silence to debate whether or not I should just let loose like a wild goose.

"Oh what the heck!" I rolled my eyes and moved my body to the beat of the music.

We danced and laughed our heads off for about a good 30 minutes until Hannah dragged us both to her room within the hotel.

The time for her birthday song will be starting soon and she had prepared dresses for the three of us.