Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory

Start from the beginning

Sakura.

Sasuke closed his eyes as he felt Hachi leaned in close to his ear, he felt his chains loosen until the chains were no longer bounding him. He lift his lips, this time he didn't hide his smirk. His gaze followed Hachi as his eyes hardened.

"One funny move and I'll toy with your woman until I'm satisfied. So you better show me a good fight."

"Are you sure about this?" Sasuke asked, his tone challenging. "My woman is not a weak woman."

Hachi inhaled sharply and exhaled, calming his nerve. Surely, the pinkette was just another weak kunoichi who know nothing but medical ninjutsu. She couldn't possibly know any offensive techniques to defeat all the men he assigned to guard the woman.

Only Hachi didn't know that Sakura is certainly not a weak woman.

While Sasuke was getting ready for a fight, he thought he caught a glimpse of a certain black haired former root, Sai. But of course it could've been someone else. Someone as pale as Sai with no distinct emotion. But if Sai is really here, then there's a strong possibility that he's not alone. Maybe he's with Shikamaru or any of the members of Konoha 11, not that Sasuke care who is he with. If push comes to shove, Sasuke know there'll be someone who will clean up the mess after. But for now, he couldn't make any move. Looks like he'll have to do a mock battle, he needed to let off a bit of steam after all. He felt bad for whoever is against him.

The battle commenced at a blink of an eye. His opponent was young, about sixteen years old. Sasuke really do feel bad for the guy. That's why he made sure not to hit any vital points. But the guy is flexible, even if Sasuke avoid his vitals, the guy could dodge them no sweat.

"Aren't you the infamous Uchiha Sasuke?" The guy had the audacity to talk while he's fighting him. Sasuke thought he might've realized that he's not being serious with the fight.

"Hn,"

"And aren't you the last Uchiha of your bloodline?" Sasuke almost had an irkmark on his forehead. This guy is as talkative as Naruto.

Sasuke tried to hit the guy on his vital point, not enough to kill him but enough to shut him up. But to Sasuke's surprise, the guy managed to dodge his attack. He's quite good, Sasuke thought. He aimed again and the guy dodged again.

Sasuke felt irritated and before he knew it, he was taking this fight seriously, far too seriously and the guy is still not dead.

"If you're the last of your bloodline, don't you have any plan for the future. You ain't getting any younger, Mr. Uchiha, time to plan a family now and secure your bloodline."

Even though Sasuke was fighting seriously, the guy still had the audacity to speak and he even smirked mockingly. Somehow, his statement ticked Sasuke off that his fist almost connected with the guy's face.

Only to be blocked by the guy's palm. During that moment, Sasuke felt something familiar. As if he knew who this guy is. But Sasuke is sure it's the first time he's seen him.

"Who are you?" Sasuke asked, his eyes scanning the guy.

"Sasuke-teme, what do you say about teaming up?"

In that instant, the guy's voice changed into that of someone Sasuke knew all too well.

Until his whole appearance changed in a puff of smoke came Uzumaki Naruto, a wide grin as he fist bumped with Sasuke's fist.

In that same moment, a loud boom resonated through the Coliseum. The wall up the second floor has a big hole now and debris fell on the ground. In the middle of the hole from the wall stood a certain pinkette.

Sakura.

After the commotion, the crowd started to flee while there are some who stood against Sasuke and Naruto only to be left in the dust after a few seconds.

Soon, reinforcement arrived, both from Konoha and Kiri. Sasuke stood before a beat up Hachi whose face can hardly be recognize.

"I told you," Sasuke said when he was sure no one was listening. "My woman is not a weak woman."

Or so Sasuke thought no one was listening. Until he heard a snicker from the back. Sasuke glared behind and saw Naruto trying his hard not to burst in laughter. He was about to walk away when Sasuke put his hand on Naruto's shoulder.

"You didn't hear anything, Naruto," Sasuke said, gritting his teeth, the faintest of pink dusting his cheek. Knowing Naruto, he would never forget it and would remind Sasuke of that statement every single day.

When the men took Hachi, Naruto and Sasuke were left to fend off their thoughts. Sakura was with Ino and Sai was with the reinforcement so only Sasuke and Naruto were left in each other's company.

"Hey, Sasuke, the thing I said earlier," Naruto started. "I meant it."

Sasuke furrowed his brow. "What? I already forgot what you said."

"Hey Sasuke! Do you want me to repeat it again. Okay then, I said, if you're the last of your bloodline, don't you have any plan for the future– hey! Where are you going?" Naruto asked as he catch up to Sasuke who started to walk.

"Hinata–" Naruto started again. "Well, we're expecting. You hate losin' right? Make sure you catch up soon. Our sons might be rivals in the future, so you better get to work. See ya around!" Naruto started to run towards where the reinforcements are, leaving Sasuke to question himself.

"Get to work? What the hell did he mean?" Sasuke asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"And did he just say his wife is–" Realization crept on Sasuke's mind as he shook his head. "That idiot."

Sasuke was walking when he heard footsteps. When he looked up, he saw Sakura approaching him. The first thing Sasuke saw was the small dried blood on Sakura's lower lip. Suddenly he felt a surge of anger when he was supposed to be calm. So they did hurt her. Maybe Hachi's face doesn't have enough bruises because Sasuke will be more than happy to add more.

"Sasuke-kun, are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Sasuke can't believe it. Despite her busted lips she is still worried about his well-being before herself.

As if on instinct, Sasuke stepped closer to Sakura and put his arm around her taking the pinkette by surprise.

Sasuke felt warm when he's in close proximity with Sakura. This warmth brought back so many pleasant memories from when he was young. The warmth akin to his mother who loved him and his brother more than anything in this world. His kind mother. Sasuke wonder if Sakura will be like his mother, when she, as well, became a mother too.
.
.
.
.
.

Gomen!!!!!🙇🏻 I haven't updated last week. To make up with that, here's a sweet Chapter! Hope you liked it. Sakura didn't have enough appearance here, don't worry, she'll have Sasuke all to herself soon enough (if you know what I mean 😜)

Anyways, vote and comment!