2☙

I have a friend...

And her name is Xia Xing Yan.

We've known each other since forever. I always thought of her as my little sis until the second year of junior high, when I was 13-years-old. I don't think someone as dense as she will find out my feeling toward her.

We went to the same elementary school, middle school, high school, and now in the same university. We were even in the same class from elementary till the freshmen year of high school. For some reason starting from sophomore year, we were never in the same class, which left us with no chance of seeing each other in school.

A lot happens in those three years and the worst three years I've been through in my lifetime, especially in junior year. In junior year, I found out that Xiao Yan started to like a senior. Just from the way she looked at him, I could tell her feeling.

People always think that we are dating and when they tell us about this, I feel kind of happy until Xiao Yan quickly denied it. During junior year, some still think we were dating, so Xiao Yan denied it as she usually does, but she also got mad. At that time, I haven't found out about her feeling, so I was confused with her action. After I knew, I was the one who make clear about our relationship if anyone asked.

That year I also started going out with a girl. Her name is Li Lan Qi. We weren't in a particular relationship. During the first semester of junior year, she asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend because her ex kept bothering her. I only agreed to her because she threatened me to tell Xiao Yan how I feel about her. Eventually, we become good friends and broke up during the beginning of the senior year when her ex moved out of the state.

By the end of junior year Xiao Yan also ends her crush on that senior guy. It occurs like this: Xiao Yan told the senior guy how she felt about him, but that guy told her he already had a girlfriend and he is going to study abroad with his girlfriend in the next two days or so. Xiao Yan told me how nicely he treated her, so she thought that he also likes her.

We had not seen each other for two months—the longest time we spent without each other in our lifetime—and that day Xiao Yan came banging on my door, which scared the hell out of me. I peered into the hole on the door to check it was not just random stranger banging on my door. When I saw it was Xiao Yan, I quickly swing open the door, which caused her to fell onto the ground. I still remembered the look on her face clearly.

"Are you ok?!" Wang Jun Kai exclaimed as he bent down to help Xia Xing Yan gets up, but Xia Xing Yan refused to with her head down all the time.

"*sniff* *sniff*," Xia Xing Yan sobbed.

It took Wang Jun Kai a while to see the tears dripping down from Xia Xing Yan's cheek.

"Are you crying?! I'm so sorry! Did it hurt that much?!" Wang Jun Kai apologized and sat next to her on the floor.

Xia Xing Yan finally lifts her head and Wang Jun Kai can clearly see her red puffy eyes. He guessed that she had already been crying before she got here.

"Xiao Kai!" Xia Xing Yan suddenly bursted and hugged Wang Jun Kai tightly. Wang Jun Kai did not know whether he should feel happy or not.

"W... What happened?" Wang Jun Kai asked dumbfounded. His hand slowly raised to Xia Xing Yan's shoulder level and patted her back lightly.

"@#$ *hiccup* %&* *hiccup* @#$ *hiccup* %" Xia Xing Yan cried.