twelve

+*alejandro*+

for the remainder of our first and second classes, jackie didnt talk much and i cant help but feel bad that its my fault. in art, jackie asked to go to the bathroom, most likely going to meet up with kairi, and pinto asked me what was up. "nothin, she's been like that since first period," i tell him, not wanting to talk about it anymore. "im not blind, what did you do?" pinto asks again, making me grow agitated as i roll my eyes.

"nothing pinto, just drop it," i say putting both of my airpods in as jackie walks back into class. "so whats up with you two?" i hear pinto ask her, making her look over to me. "nothing, why?" she says back, picking up her pencil and continuing to sketch out whatever she was drawing. "i dont know, you're making it seem like something happened," pinto presses on. "no, we're good, right ale?" she says, putting her hand on my shoulder with an, obviously fake, smile. "yeah, we're good."

+*third person*+

after what felt like another couple of years, it was finally time for lunch. jackie walks out of the class she was in and meets up with pinto in the hallway. ever since she had gotten lost that first day, he decided to walk with her, just in case. the two walked silently to the cafeteria, until pinto disrupted the silence. "so, are you gonna tell me what happened now?" he says, looking over at his short friend. "if i tell you, you promise not to say anything... to anyone? especially kairi or alex?" jackie says, stopping at the end of the hallway.

"swear," pinto says, standing next to her, waiting for her to begin. "okay, so yesterday, me and the guys were all planning to go eat, so i picked up alejandro and alvaro was with me," jackie starts, telling everything from the very beginning, up until she arrived at alejandro's house. "so we were watching a movie, and then afterwards he kept staring at me so i asked him what was up, and he was like," jackie says thinking back.

(flashback!)

"so listen... i kinda lied to you... about why me and vic broke up..." alejandro says, looking over at jackie who's smile fades away. "aw ale, what happened," she says frowning, feeling bad for her friend. jackie sits up, looking over at alejandro who has his head in his hands. "i'm sorry," he says looking up at her. "sorry for what-" jackie asks as alejandro grabs her face and presses his lips to hers, catching her off guard. "alejandro, what the fuck?" jackie says, getting on her feet, and looking down at her friend.

"jackie... i cant just keep acting like i dont feel anything tor you," alejandro says, standing up to face the girl. "alex... im with kairi.. you know that," jackie says looking at her friend, "i know, and trust me, i feel shitty for feeling like this, but jackie, i like you, i really fucking like you," alex says. "and i know you probably dont feel the same, but i had to tell you before you guys started dating," alejandro says, looking down and sitting back on the bed.

"alex, i do like you, but as a friend," jackie says, sitting next to him. "yeah, i know, you like me as a friend but thats it and thats all it ever will be," he says with a sigh. "listen, please just dont tell kairi," alejandro asks jackie who is lost in her thoughts. "i wont, but i should go..." jackie says, quickly getting up and walking out of the room, alejandro hot on her tail. "is this gonna make things awkward?" alex asks, following her down the stairs. "i dont know, probably," she says gnawing on her lip. "see you tomorrow ale," jackie says getting in her car and driving off before he could reply.

(end of flashback!)

"well... shit..." pinto says, stunned at what she had just told him. "i know," jackie says, "and now everytime i see him i just feel so awkward," she sighs. "it'll blow over, just give it time," pinto says to his shorter friend before they start walking to the cafeteria. jackie sits in between kairi and roshaun, alejandro right across from her. "vic's coming, heads up ale," alvaro says, lightly hitting alejandro's arm. "hey jackie, can we talk?" victoria says, making jackie's face contort in confusion. "yeah sure," she says, standing up and following vic.

"did he tell you yet?" vic asks as the two girls walk out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. "who?" jackie asks, not knowing if she was talking about what alejandro said. "alejandro, i'm guessing you didn't know when you came to my house, or else you wouldn't have went," victoria says. "oh.. yeah, he told me last night, i'm sorry vic, i didn't know," jackie says, feeling bad that she's the reason they're no longer together. "don't worry about it, i'm not mad at you, i'll be fine," vic says as she hugs jackie. "so, how are you and kairi?" vic asks as they walk back towards the cafeteria.

"we're good, i'm just waiting till he actually asks me to be his girlfriend," jackie says, making vic gasp. "oh my god! you're ready now?" she says, making jackie laugh. "yeah," she says to her friend, "why dont you just ask him? surprise him, like... right now," victoria suggests, which jackie begins to think about. "wait thats perfect, i love it, thanks vic," jackie says wrapping her arms around victoria as she heads back to the table.

mwah hi luvs <3 ty for all the sweet comments 🥺🥺🥺 remember to vote !!!