'Nothing will happen to you. Do you get that? I will make sure that no one dares to harm you', his voice had the determination and assurance that was enough to draw the enough strength.

'I know', Khushi murmured slowly placing her head on his chest, her arms wound around him. Arnav was taken aback by her initiative but later, completed the hug, soothing his soul along with hers.

'Arnavji', Khushi called him, her head still in his chest, while his hands caressed her long tresses.

'Hmm'

'Di will be fine. Nothing will happen to her and the baby', Khushi said.

'I hope so', Arnav whispered that was barely audible, with fear and agony clearly laced in his tone, while his hold on her tightened. He had been strong for Khushi and the others, but Khushi managed to unveil his true emotions, yet again!

Khushi withdrew herself from the hug, and cupped his cheeks. 'She will fight for her baby, for you and for us. We will have a cute baby girl in our hands in few more hours'. She gave her million dollar smile.

'I know, but I am worried about her reaction when she gets conscious. She did not even utter a single word throughout the whole confrontation', Arnav confessed and then continued, 'She uttered that leech's name before she fell unconscious Khushi. I am sacred. I am scared she wont believe us.' Arnav's growing pain had clogged up his throat, with tears ready to spill out of his eyes.

Khushi wiped his tears, and said, 'I trust her Arnavji. She believes you, and I have an inkling that she will accept the facts and try to come out of this. I agree, it will be a tough phase for all of us, but until we all are together in this, nothing will happen to our Di'.

Khushi's assurance surely built up a positive hope in him and all Arnav could wait for was things settling well in all their lives. He was tired fighting till now right from his childhood. He needed a break. A freaking peaceful break!

**************

After a few tormenting hours, Anjali finally gave birth to a baby girl, much to the delight of the Raizadas and at once Arnav and Khushi were informed about this, and the new Mama-Mami could not contain their excitement as the others to have a glimpse of the new angel in their lives.

Not to forget, no one came out of the stressful situation yet, but they knew that they all had to be strong for Anjali.

Akash and Payal had gone home, owing to her pregnancy, and she was literally ushered to go home even after her constant denials. She reluctantly agreed only when Akash assured that they would come back once Di delivered.

The moment the doctor gave a thumbs up for them to see Anjali, Manorama rushed inside without caring anything else, followed by equally excited Manohar and NK.

Next came Arnav and Khushi, their hands entwined, when a pull on Khushi's hand stopped her from moving further.

Devyani Singh Raizada stood at the entrance of Anjali's room with her hand tightly gripping Khushi's forearm, prohibiting her from entering in.

'Nani', Khushi called out unable to comprehend.

'No Khushi bitiya, please dont go inside. Anjali bitiya will be reminded of all that happened just few hours ago by mere presence of yours. We still do not know how will she react, so please stay back here. Hope you understand'.

Khushi's tears spilled out of her sockets, while Arnav had to control the bubbling rage inside him.

'Then you please go in Nani. I will stay back with my wife. Jahaan meri biwi nahin aa sakthi, wahaan mera bhi zaroorat nahin hai', Arnav stated firmly, his hold tightening on Khushi. (Where there is no place for my wife, I dont think I am needed there too)

The words he uttered today were something that made Khushi respect the person beside her. The person he changed into. Arnav Singh Raizada showed that real change in his behaviour as he promised. She was overwhelmed. If somebody had told her that Arnav will support her, even when Anjali was in such a critical condition, she would have laughed it off. But he truly knew to surprise her. But she knew, this was wrong. An argument at this point, and prioritising people was wrong. Anjali needed them all more than her.

Nani had her own reasons, she was never bad. She always loved Khushi, but the turn of events made her prioritise Anjali.

'Arnavji, please. I think Naniji is right. You must go', Khushi said.

'Yes Chote! Anjali bitiya needs you', Nani coaxed.

'So does Khushi, Nani. Moreover you cannot snatch her right to see them. She is my wife dammit!' Arnav bellowed.

Khushi placed her hand on his forearms, soothing him. 'Naniji is right Arnavji. Di might go berserk if she sees me. Please', she pleaded.

'I will explain her', he was adamant.

'Try and understand please. Just make Di comfortable, assess her mood and then I shall definitely see her if she is stable. Please', Arnav looked up at a pleading and pouting Khushi and could not deny.

He gestured Lavanya to take care of his wife, which she immediately obliged, shooting a glare at Nani, he entered Anjali's room.

Before Nani could get in, Khushi stopped her to ask one question that pricked her. 'You are not blaming me for everything that happened. Are you?'

Her question was simple, and the answer could have been too. But all Devyani did was to just look into Khushi's eyes, conveying nothing through them or through her words. After a few seconds, while Khushi was still waiting for answers, a mute Devyani just dodged the question and made her way into the room.

Khushi crouched then and there, unable to even think about Nani accusing her. She could not decipher what she meant, but she surely knew that Nani was not happy.

On the other side, it was Arnav who stood upto her, which never happened. All these days, he was the one to push her to troubles or sorrows, but now he was the one to take her out of them. She felt blessed, she felt finally contended.

Di was always a priority for Arnav. And he never ever considered anyone beyond her. Proof is their contract marriage. But the change he showed overwhelmed her. He considered her the most important now. She was his priority now. But that does not mean Anjali had lost her importance. Never! She was always a mother figure to him, and she will remain so. But Khushi was his wife, his love who needed the same respect. Arnav took time to understand the single basic simple concept in relationships.
'Its not about the priorities, not about the love, not about the respect, but the balance in all these aspects towards the people whom you consider as your loved ones, that brings peace and happiness. Neglecting one for the other, will only bring sadness for all of them involved'.

Arnav was a bit to late to understand this, but when he did, he followed it like no one else. Life teaches us things in hard ways, and Arnav learnt it after many struggles and heartbreaks.

I know its a short update, compared to the ones I have been giving lately. But I promise to give a long update soon!

Would love to hear your comments and please dont forget to vote!

The next part of this update is available on Inkitt. The link is in my bio.

Please check out my other stories too!

Love,
Shwetha