prologue

river's p.o.v

I was not looking forward to waking up this morning because mum and dad always fight and my older sister mal is always off with her friends doing crazy things or getting a new haircut while grafeting the walls of her art room.i see her sometimes but its always with those thieving friends. "morning river wake up " came the sarcastic voice of my sister mal as she pulls my bed sheets of of me this was surprising as i thought she and her friend were going 'camping' in an abandend tunnal on the other side of the isle  "wait what that's mal " i think as all my thoughts are put on hold  "ok well i was wondering if you wanted to come to my friends hideout with me? and i know what your going to say: 'they steal from me and treat me like a baby but i'm a ferocus demon for olympus sackes'" i stir at her with wide eyes and nod my head sill sitting on the bed  (a bad habit I picked up from my boyfriend Aeolus, yes the son of Hercules sue me ) "cool get dressed or do you want to go out in my hand-me-down p.j's" i look up at my sister with wide eyes who is smirking at the tought "keep those thoughts to yourself!" I shout as I ran into the bathroom to get dressed into my favrout outfit consisting of a plain blue under shirt with a dark blue leather jacket with silver studs and ripped jeans "nice but you forgot these" mal said as i walk out of the makeshift bathroom "oh hel no I will go no where roman sandals!" I shout in a mocking tone hitting her hand playfully "oh do you want greek sandals now" she scorns playfully. Then when i get my "greek" sandals on we sneak out the window (the best escape route if you have villen parents that could get a devorce any day now) "hay mal why aren't you ever home?" I find myself asking out of the blue when we reach the ground  "simple, i hate mother and father" she staits stairing right ahead not bothering to let me even ask why she left me alone with them for so long. we walk in comfortable silence until we reach the hideout, a giant mettle pipe that leads to a hallway that leads to a giant hangoutspace  "so you brought the runt" mal's friend carlo stated proudly getting up from the floor on to witch he was building a fort with jay "what?" I asked my sisters friend eve who was just coming in from stealing everyone some food "oh don't mind him oh and i love what you're wearing and who did your hair?" I look at her with my eyebrows raised giving her a questioning look as she hugs me then leads me to one of the many beat up sofas. soon mal comes back in from where ever she went with a slightly damaged bordgame, my eyes widend at the lable  " so who wants to play manopoly?" 

small time skip brought to you by jays obsession to steal stuff

"hay isn't it time for you to meet your little friend off the isle"i look at jay confused because he was asking this so casualy like even as he stole my last rale road. i blacked out trying to thing of how he could have posibly known then i realized i  had told mal so she wouldn't need to  worry and mal's friends are also my friends sometimes so ya it didnt take to long to conect the dots "go you don't want to keep him waiting and don't forget" i cut carlos off  who was looking  at me with a mock sireus expretion "give you the juicy gossip on ben for you and mal and the sport just for jay and the fashion and pride gosip for eve" and with that i said goodbye and ran off doing a quadruple flip down into the dirt tunnel i had dug with my magic and started the long trek towards aredon. when i emerge out of the hole i get trapped in a bone crushing hug "how are you always late babe" Aeolus says into my hair as he twerls me around happily not a care in the world  "i always sleep in" i said casually (erning me a kiss from Aeolus) but on the inside i had to contain my excitement because Aeolus was letting me see the school today as we had talked about many times and only yesterday had i gotten him to agree to take me to the castle so i could finaly see what live would be like outside the borders of the isle of the lost "you ready sticks" he asks as he lets go of me and we walk up the long winding path that leads to auradon prep in all her glory "wow, wow, wow" i say breath taken looking at the school for the first time "and it gets better" said a new voice said loud and clear "who are you" i shout looking up at him "my name is beast and this is my wife bell and why do i get a call from mr Aeolus that you have  useing him to gather intel about auradon for some time now against his will" i look at Aeolus and my hart brakes he sold me out. i stood there shocked unable to move. after all we've been thought he sold me out he was my rock. i look back at ben's father and i already had tears streaming down my eyes without even noticing. "what's your name kid my names ben and why are you crying" ben askes running up to his mother, he must have been at practice if he didnt know what was happing "my name is river" 'and Aeolus sold me out he was my only friend and partner' i wanted to say the last part so bad but i just felt so betrayed i couldn't get it out so i just staired at the prince unable to say a word "so your the son of hades... well you know the rules no one gets off the isle. you are now and for 3 more years banished with no memory of this land or your family" i froze i would lose everything i ever loved, i would have no more menorys of mal or her friends. at this one moment i was ready to fight back and say somthing but i couldn't as Aeolus ment to much to me.  tho uma worrying as to why i was late to the night shift and mal wondering were her baby brother was did cross my mind as i was being thrown into the portal but all i could do was look at Aeolus one more time thinking how in some millasecond of a moment sadness woshed over him like he never wanted this and that's what i held onto until all i  could remember was him and mal until the wold whent black.