Chapter 9

Toni's pov

Her eyes are hypnotizing. They're looking so deeply in mine, they're killing me. There's a lot of tension building up and I'm dying to look away but I just can't.

Without noticing, our faces move closer and closer, until I feel her lip lightly brush against mine. That's when she pulls away quickly and I go back to reality.
She goes back to her resting bitch face and checks the time on her phone.
"Well...it's already 6:30"
I look at her, my cheeks flushed and my breathing irregular.

Our eyes meet again for an instant and this time she's the one to look away after a second.  She looks frustrated, or angry. Can't really tell since she always looks angry.
"What?" she says and I realize I've probably been staring for too long. I quickly pull myself together and clear my voice.
"N-nothing..."

She sighs and stands up.
"C'mon, stand up. I'm taking you out tonight"
I look up at her and she reaches out for me to take her hand, I take it and she helps me stand up.
"Uh..should I- I mean I should probably text my mom then..to tell her I'll be late"
"Yes, here's your phone. Not too late though, we have school tomorrow and we've already skipped today"
"Yeah I know" I say and text my mom quickly.
"Give it back to me when you're done"
I sigh and give her my phone.

"I need to get ready. I want you to wait for me here, sit on the bed on your knees with your legs apart, hands on your thighs."
I don't know why she's asking me to do that but I better not question it.
She gets out of her bedroom and I get in the position she ordered.
After about 20 minutes she comes back and smirks when she sees I've been waiting like she told me to.
"Good girl" she praises.

She approaches me and leans on the bed.
She tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and gets closer.
"You're beautiful like this babygirl..so innocent and helpless" she whispers in my ear and I get goosebumps on my arms.
She noticed and chuckles a little.
"Maybe not so innocent huh?" she says and rubs my forearm gently.
I look down biting my lower lip and blush.
"So cute.." she says and kisses my forehead.
"Let's go TT"
She takes my hand and we leave her house.
"Where are we going?" I ask
"Well...I know we were there just a few hours ago, but Pop's better at night"
I chuckle and see her smile a little.

Cheryl parks her car in front of Pop's and we get in.
We sit at a table in the corner and she orders two vegan cherry milkshakes for both of us.
Five minutes later the waiter is already back with our milkshakes.
"Oh and I also want a cookie. The biggest one you have" she tells him before he leaves and then smiles at me.
"How do you know I like cookies?"
"Who doesn't?" she shrugs and then adds "actually I just saw you looking at one with heart eyes at school"
"Oh" I giggle "you're someone who notices little things"
"I indeed am" she says while taking a sip from the straw.

For the next few minutes Cheryl just sits there drinking her milkshake while staring at me the whole time, her expression is inscrutable.
I glance at her every now and then but I can't keep eye contact for too long. I feel my cheeks heat up gradually.
"Aww...are you shy little girl?"
"Stop..." I say softly and she chuckles.

"Cheryl?"
"Hm?"
"Can I have my phone back now?"
"Why?" she asks clearly annoyed by my request.
"I.."
She gives me her best bitch face and I just sigh and give in.
"Nothing, never mind"
I just wanted my phone back because... well, because it's mine.
"No, tell me."
"Nothing,I don't know" I say
"Tell me, now."
"I said I don't know!"
She glares at me and stands up.
"We're leaving."
She throws some cash on the table and quickly walks out Pop's.
I follow her and catch up with her.

"Are you gonna take me home now?" I ask
"Was it because you wanted to text Jughead?!" she asks me while we're walking to the car.
"What- no! I just wanted it back for no particular reason Cheryl. And plus even if it was because I wanted to text him, what's the problem?! You can't tell me who to text to!" I say annoyed by now.

She stops and roughly grabs my arm.
"You don't speak to me like that, understand?"
Her grip on my arm tightens and she gives my ass a harsh slap. I squirm in pain, it still hurts from yesterday.
"I said, understand?!" she says raising her voice.
"Yes" I say quickly.

She starts walking again to the car and drags me by my arm.
We both get in the car and she starts driving until we arrive at my house, then she pulls up in front of it.
"We're here" she says and looks at me.
I look down right away still embarrassed for the earlier spank.
"Thank you for the ride" I murmur.

I open the car door and a weird feeling hits me, like the urgency to apologize for what happened earlier, but I know I didn't do anything wrong.
But then that feeling takes over.
"Cheryl?"
"Yeah?" she looks at me curiously.
"I-I'm sorry for...earlier"
"Come back in" she says and I get back in the car.
She looks at my lips for a few seconds and then starts leaning in, until our lips are almost touching. I close my eyes and wait, expecting her to kiss me while I feel her soft breath on my lips. I grow impatient and part my lips but nothing happens.
I open my eyes as Cheryl smirks and pulls away.
"Here's your phone babygirl" she says and hands me the phone.
I glare at her and she chuckles.
"You're cute when you're angry and frustrated" she grabs my chin and kisses my cheek.
"Go home and get your beauty sleep princess, I'll see you tomorrow at school"

I get out of her car and thank her again for taking me home.
"Goodnight Cheryl" I say and fight the urge of asking her to text me when she gets home. You can't be worried about her getting home safely, Toni. She's not a good person, I tell myself.

But one thing's for sure, she has such a power over me,
and I don't even know why...