Chapter 16 - Companion

Ji Xiao Jun woke up when the sunlight which coming through the window touch his face. Then he slowly waking up from bed and searching for Fa Liyan.

" Damn, why am I getting up so late this time." He said to himself. He immediately went down to the main room of the inn. He was relieved to see Fa Liyan having breakfast there.

" Here, sir," said the waiter.

" Oh, I'm with him," said Ji Xiao Jun, pointing to Fa Liyan. Fa Liyan noticed of Ji Xiao Jun, he just glared at Ji Xiao Jun.

" Oh, I see. Please sit down." said the waiter again.

" Make me breakfast one set like him," Ji Xiao Jun pointed out at the breakfast food that Fa Liyan ate.

Fa Liyan, trying to ignore Ji Xiao Jun. This crazy guy just sit down in front me. It's like we're very close. He leave Ji Xiao Jun do what he like, then he continued to breakfast. 

" Can I come with you?" said Ji Xiao Jun. He whispered to Fa Liyan. " My bag, my belongings and my money are all gone, how can I manage to go home." 

" Do you know where I'm going next?" asked Fa Liyan.

" Didn't we live in same village, you are the merchant that sell firewood in the morning market?" asked Ji Xiao Jun.

" So, you do know me?" asked Fa Liyan.

" No, I just know you are the merchants, can I go with you?" ask Ji Xiao Jun again.

" I have something to do, I want to finish it quickly so I can go back to see my master."

" I'm coming in. I promise I won't interfere with your mission, please ... please," persuaded Ji Xiao Jun.

" All right,"

" Yeay, what's your name," asked Ji Xiao Jun

" Fa Liyan,"

" I, Ji Xiao Jun,"

" There's a condition for you to follow, don't bother me and don't talk too much."

" Alright, you want to go back quickly to see your master, right? It's like you're the only one who have a master," joked Ji Xiao Jun.

Fa Liyan just stay silent, he is lazy to pay attention to Ji Xiao Jun.

" Is your master pretty?" asked Ji Xiao Jun again.

" Yes, the most beautiful!" 

" Liar, the only beautiful girl in Diaolou village is, Hua Yu Er. No one can resist her beauty."

" Up to you." replied Fa Liyan. He already finish his foods.

" Hey, wait for me." asked Ji Xiao Jun.

Fa Liyan smirks at Ji Xiao Jun. He saw Ji Xiao Jun eating fast, then he told him, " Stop, don't eat fast, you will choke, don't worry I won't leave you." 

Ji Xiao Jun smiled. Fa Liyan were stunned to see the smile, he been enchanted by Ji Xiao Jun's smile.

As they were talking , they did not realize that their conversation is being heard. Two members of the shadow crow clan pretended to be ordinary people enjoying breakfast were eating there.

They quickly finished their food and went to see their assistant captain. They had told about Hua Yu Er's beauty to their assistant captain. Now they plan to kidnap Hua Yu Er.

" Wait, this is not our way back to our village," said Ji Xiao Jun. Fa Liyan is staring at Ji Xiao Jun. "Alright, I'm won't speak." Ji Xiao Jun bit her lip.

" Didn't I say I had something to take care off," Fa Liyan replied with a frown.

" Oh, I'm sorry I forgot." Ji Xiao Jun disappointed. He trying to be nice. Walking next to the quiet Fa Liyan made him bored.

" You know, in front of this road, a few days ago, a merchant was robbed. Their daughter is kidnapped by the robber. Pity them. The girl maybe just twelve years old." said Ji Xiao Jun, he trying to break the silence.

" Really, show me where it is?" asked Fa Liyan.

Ji Xiao Jun stared at Fa Liyan, he does not think that Fa Liyan will react to his story. " Oh, it just in front of this road, when we arrived, I'll show you," said Ji Xiao Jun. His heart beat faster than usual. He touched his chest, why? 

Fa Liyan had been following in the road for this past few days, the wheel track of the horse carriage was lost due to heavy rains yesterday and he only just asked the owner of the inn that he staying about the merchant robbery incident. 

No one knows more about the merchant's robbery case. He was happy to meet someone who knew about the robbery. 

" After this turn, we have arrived at the robbery scene," said Ji Xiao Jun.

" Wait, don't speak," Fa Liyan put his finger to Ji Xiao Jun's lips. " I heard people talking," said Fa Liyan again. 

They hide in the bushes. Fa Liyan peered through the leaves of bushes and Ji Xiao Jun follow Fa Liyan from behind. They look at the people who are talking at the robbery scene. 

Ji Xiao Jun knew someone who was fighting. "Hey, isn't that ..." "Shh ... they will hear," said Fa Liyan. Ji Xiao Jun closed his lips.

Ji Xiao Jun's cough. Don't know why Ji Xiao Jun hold his breath, when Fa Liyan actually told him not to talk. The two men who were fighting stopped looking for where they were.

" Who is there? Please come out!" said one of them. In his right hand he was holding an axe.

" It's just the two of us," Fa Liyan said while raising his hand. He tried to show that he was not holding a sword, but his sword was hanging behind his back.

" Did you come to take the things they left behind?" said the other man, holding in his hand a knife.

" No, I'm a merchant like them, and I want to know what happened to them." replied Fa Liyan. The man holding the knife saw Ji Xiao Jun.

" What? Now, do you remember me? You just leave me alone in the storm." Ji Xiao Jun's anger at the second man.

" It's your own fault, you don't want to stop the ride before the storm"

" Return my belongings," said Ji Xiao Jun.

" Argh !!!" the first man screamed and then hurt Fa Liyan's left shoulder.

" Fa Liyan !!" shouted Ji Xiao Jun. Fa Liyan pulled out his sword from the sheath. He is lucky, the injured hand is his left hand.

He fought back against his opponent. Actually, the men who holding the axe are not good at fighting. When he dodge Fa Liyan's attack, he fell to the ground.

" Please don't kill me," he shouted as Fa Liyan's pointed the sword to his neck.

" I have nothing to do with him," said the second man, then he run away.

" Hey, where's my stuff?" shouted Ji Xiao Jun. He feel frustrated.

" I just want to know what happened to this merchant," asked Fa Liyan

" I don't know, they were taken to the village's magistrate and they are being treated, the husband, severely abused, and his wife's been raped by the members of the robbers. Only their money, jewelry and daughter were taken."

Fa Liyan holds back his sword.

"Thank you," said the man, he got up and left.

"Just their daughter? Why?"

" Erm, the blood on your shoulders is flowing, let me take care of your wounds,"

"Oh, it's fine. I have my own medicine." said Fa Liyan.