14 | Hugging Your Crush

Start from the beginning

"Happy birthday," he said. But he wanted to hug her as he said that. He wanted her to be in his arms.

So here he was now, trying to figure out what to wear. He was so anxious and so nervous he felt his heart would burst out of his chest any moment.

"Bhai!" Aditi came in without knocking the door, "what are you doing?"

"Aditi, should I wear blue or black?" he seriously needed help in deciding what clothes to wear.

Aditi's eyebrows shot up, "are you going on a date?"

"Sort off," he said, still looking at his closet.

"With Sandhya?" she asked.

"What? No!" Armaan looked at her with a frown, "tell her I'm not interested okay? I don't like her."

"Wait, then whom are you meeting up?" she asked.

"Adra," he whispered, his cheeks turning red, "now tell me what to wear!"

"Oh," Aditi said with a teasingly look, "sure."

••••

Armaan was 30 minutes early. He had booked a table for almost 10 people. He had even called Sambav, though he wondered if he would come. He knew all the people Adra was closed to and he might have asked Rahul's help in arranging all this.

The next person to arrive was Rahul himself. Though Armaan didn't tell him how worried he was if Adra would show up his best friend understood him.

"Adra will come, Armaan," Rahul said, "I'm sure. She's a nice girl."

Armaan wasn't going to argue with that though, she was a very very nice girl. But that didn't stop him from calling her, he was just so anxious.

He stood in front of the hotel, the cold wind of 16th September nipping him.

"Adra," he had his phone pressed on his ear. What else should he say? He wanted to ask her if she was coming but he didn't know how.

"I'm right behind you," she said.

He turned around and there she stood, in a black dress. Monica and Jiten were also with her. They briefly greeted Armaan and walked in while Adra still stood there, playing with her fingers nervous.

She stepped forward, "I'm sorry," her voice was hoarse.

"Adra—"

He cut himself off when she suddenly hugged him. Armaan's heart was beating too fast, damn was it what dying felt like? He hugged her back, loving the feeling of her in his arms.

"Sorry," she said again, "but just because you are rich doesn't mean you can throw a party for me," she was still hugging him as she talked.

"I-I," Arman stuttered, what was he suppose to say?

"Sorry," he whispered back.

"I really like you," she said, "but I can't be labelled as your girlfriend,"

"I understand," he was going to solve that, "just-t be this close? Always?"

She nodded inside his chest. He still didn't feel like letting her go.

"Happy birthday," he said contently  as he drew circles on her back slowly.

"Thank you," she pushed him back slightly and he got the hint and let her go. Even though it was dark he could see she was blushing and he smiled.

"Let's go," he said, "if not your brother will come and kill me."

armaangrover : Happy birthday ♥️

Armaan's POV as promised!