Chapter 14: Vulnerable

Start from the beginning

"I would like you to meet Makenzie Rose Bieber, your granddaughter," I announce to him.

He smiles at her and Makenzie smiles back.

" She's perfect," he tells me.

" Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without her," I add.

Suddenly, I hear the car door close. Is anyone else here? A few seconds later, a random woman is in front of the face.

Who's this?

" Mia, I would like you to meet Joanna, my fiance," Dad says.

This chick looks like a Victoria's secret model. Kinda like Victoria, but she's.....  

My jaw drops.

"Oh. Hi," I say awkwardly.

" Oh this is your daughter? I would have picture her differently. Maybe for thinner and prettier," she says to my dad.

I look back at Justin and he looks confused, too. He knows I'm pissed. Since when was Dad engaged? Not just that, but he's engaged to this bitch? He didn't even think to tell me first?

I feel myself get angry.

He didn't eben wait that long to get remarried! Mom has been dead for almost two years now. Is he serious?

" How long have you two been together?," I ask him curious.

" Two and a half years," Joanna answers.

Wait.

Two and a half years.

He cheated on Mom?! I go to say something, but Justin stops me.

"I'll go get snacks for all of us. Mia wanna join?," he asks me.

I nod my head and we head to the kitchen.

" Since when the flying fuck was he getting remarried?," I whisper to him while grabbing some chips.

" I don't know. But, he said they've been together for two and a half years. So, I'm guessing he was with her when he was with your mom?," Justin asks.

" Yep," I reply.

" How could he?," I whisper again.

" I don't know," Justin says.

I feel myself get more angry. Why would he do this? Now, Im just pissed.

I walk in the dining room and slam the bowl of chips on the table.

" So Joanna, where did my dad find you? In a club on a pole?," I ask her.

Justin chuckles at little.

My dad looks mad at me, but honestly I don't get a fuck.

" Where did your husband find you? Underground?," he says back.

Oh hell no. It's one thing to disrespect me, but it's another to disrespect me in my house.

" Mia, what has gotta into you?," Dad asks.

Are you kidding me? He's taking her side!

" What do you mean? You cheated on her when she was dying of cancer, but she got into the car accident! You're a horrible person Dad! It's like your not the same!," I shout at him.