Revali x Reader (Chapter Five)

It would require some major lifestyle adjustments to live amongst the Rito. The thought of it was frightening and you struggled to make up your mind. Glancing around the dull cabin you resided in things were starting to get a bit lonely. A change of scenery would be nice but a change of behaviour would prove difficult.

Today was just as cold as the last you thought shivering a bit. Remembering the small hot spring you stumbled across a while back you had a plan. You could warm up in the spring while thinking things over.

You bundled yourself up and shut the cabin door behind you. The wind struck you immediately making your teeth clench. This only motivated you to get there quicker.

Upon arriving you noticed the spring was conveniently shielded away from the harsh winds. It was the perfect little spot. You slipped out of your clothes leaving nothing but your thin under garments. You dipped your foot into the warm turquoise pool and sighed with relief at how nice it felt. You lightly treaded deeper and found a place to sit in the shallow rocks.

As soon as you shut your eyes a random gust of wind hit you blowing your hair into your face. "Just what do you think you're doing?" Came a voice. You smiled not needing to open your eyes to recognize who was there.

"Come to join me have you?" You peaked through one eye and he gave you an "in your dreams" look. You closed your eyes again to relax whilst ignoring the champion. "Why are you here?" He asked confused. Guess he would never quite understand what feeling cold was with all those protective feathers. "I chose to leave that cabin of mine and find a new home, on my way out I decided to stop by the warm pools" you smiled at your lie. "You look a little light to be travelling." He called your bluff seeing only a jacket on the ground nearby.

Opening your e/c eyes you turned to fully face him. Looking him up and down you smiled to yourself.

"New armour?" You bit your lip mischievously. "Yes, unfortunately my last pair was ripped apart by some savage" he tried to be bitter about it but you only giggled.

His emerald eyes traced you as you dipped back into the deeper parts of the pool allowing your hair to get wet. Revali watched longingly but he acted unfazed. The heat of the pool felt amazing on your body and you sighed again. "Why won't you come in? Afraid to get wet?" You teased. He scowled. "I have no need, my feathers keep me quite warm on their own" he crossed his wings in defence.

"So, have you come to your decision yet?" He changed the subject. You let out a small sigh and shifted with discomfort. "What, afraid of the Rito are we?" He mocked your tease. You sent a splash of water his way but he easily dodged it with a smirk. "I thought we got over that fear when you fell for me" he boldly stated with a cheeky glint to his eyes. You shot him a threatening look. "I've done no such thing!"

"Well you are still here" he said to the side casually proving his point. "As I said earlier I was on my way out" you lied while sticking your nose in the air a bit. He snickered to himself.

His cockiness was starting to ruin the moment and you were about done with the pool by now. A small plan came to mind as you noticed the perfect way to retaliate. He was so insistent that you were into him yet always failed to mention his own feelings on the matter.

When you slowly rose from the pool steam flew off your body. You watched as he tried his hardest not to look in temptation. You smiled and wrung your hair out a bit to the side while standing there cutely to toy with him a bit more. "You should put this back on, you'll get cold" he avoided eye contact quickly holding out your jacket.

"Like what you see?" You taunted knowing he was flushed under those blue feathers of his. Such a funny thing to see someone bold and proud suddenly act shy and squirmy.

"Or do you prefer this?" You used your yiga magic to transform into a rito woman. He shot you a death glare for your joke but you continued next transforming into a zora. "How about this?" You tilted your head smiling from how off-put this was making him.

"I prefer you just the way you are" he said lowly with a glare. With another puff of smoke you reverted back to yourself. He glanced you up and down still waiting for the clothes to come back on. You simpered and with a gust of smoke your hair was instantly dry and you were dressed. He had gotten so tense in these last moments from your behaviour. "You know I can get you warmer clothes if you would just let me help" he commented in frustration.

It was cute to see he subtly cared for you in small ways. Deciding to play nice you nodded. "That would be fine." He was quite surprised for this was the first time you hadn't turned against him in some way. "I know a place that will hand-make them to your liking." He continued. "There's a lot of neat places in my village, you're even welcome to free stay at the inn" he presented the offer casually.

You hummed in thought then started walking past him. He followed in pursuit. "You'd be safe, the place is heavily guarded by myself and Vah Medoh " he emphasized. You stopped in your tracks. "I can defend myself" you said darkly. "Oh, I know you can" he chuckled. "What I meant is you won't have to."

"What, so you want me to let my guard down?" you were weary of the idea. He drew closer causing you to tense up. "Would that be so bad?" he held eye contact while leaning in slightly. "Sometimes it's good to always be on guard" you reminded searching into his eyes for his intentions. "You're so stubborn" he crossed his wings. "I can say the same about you" you shot back. You both held your ground with the slightest trace of humour.

"Give it one night, if you still detest then you can go free." You drew in closer nearly chest-to-chest now. "You make it sound like I'm a captive" your eyes narrowed. He seemed to enjoy this game. "At one point you were" he reminded. This made you smile and shake your head in bafflement. "What makes you care so much? I'm hardly worthy!If you knew half the atrocities I'm responsible for.." your brows furrowed in seriousness.

His expression didn't even falter. He knew of your past already. "I wish to offer you the chance at a life that was taken away from you." His words hit you hard and you looked to the ground in sadness. It startled you when his hand met yours yet you didn't fight back. Looking up shyly you saw he was sincere. "Come home with me" he proposed again.

This time the offer was accepted.

~