Chapter Ten: Modern World

The three Hashiras went to find their Master on the headquarters to ask permission to look for Giyu. Mitsuri hums like everything's fine, Iguro looking at Mitsuri's dress if he's gonna fix it or just let it be the way she likes to wear of it, and Shinobu who has a worried and always daydreaming horrors about Giyu dying.

Months have passed and Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Iguro can't even find the whereabouts of Giyu after he went lost after his battle with an Upper Moon. After six months, they found him on Mt. Sagiri, slashing the trees around him and creating more shockwaves this time and it is rare.

"W-Woah! Is that... Tomioka?! His body is so buffed and ripped! And his emotion is... still the same." Mitsuri said while covering herself from the shockwaves.

"How can he create those destructive shockwaves from his slashes? I never saw him have that kind of swordsmanship skills before. Shinobu, do you-" Iguro was stopped when Shinobu rushed towards Tomioka without hesitation.

"Giyu!!!" Shinobu yelled while running towards the Water Pillar.

"Oh, Kocho." Giyu said as he embraced Shinobu's hug and Shinobu noticed the difference in Giyu. His upper body is exposed and is more buffed this time than before and has some scars in his body as well. Shinobu looked at Giyu's body and she didn't like it.

"Giyu! Why do you have these wounds?! And why you didn't come home to use for Six months?!" Shinobu asked in a worry but angry tone.

"Kocho. I... I can't explain things to you so quickly. And... there's a reason why I didn't come home after Mr. Urokodaki cured me from my injury against the Upper Moon." Giyu said.

"What you can't explain?! Are you hiding something this time to me? Don't forget that we have a relationship towards each other and also, we're going to help each other's problems in life." Shinobu said.

"This is different, Kocho. Now, would it be better if you leave now?" Giyu asked in his lifeless and pissed tone.

"What?! Leave you? For what? And why? Wh-Why you became buff all of a sudden? Is there anything wrong, Giyu?" Shinobu asked in a worried tone this time.

"I'm sorry. I can't explain it as quick as now. Would you mind if you leave me now alone in here and I need to train more." Giyu said.

"And why?! Is there anything that I should worry about?!" Shinobu this time, angrily said.

"I CAN'T TELL YOU BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE INVOLVED IN THIS! NOW GET OUT OF HERE AND UNDERSTAND ME, PLEASE!!" Giyu suddenly yelled, making the birds fly away from the trees.

The two went silent and looked at each other for seconds until Mitsuri and Iguro both approached the two before they'll hurt each other physically. Shinobu's eyes started to fall tears on it and she hardly slaps Giyu in the face. Mitsuri gasped and tries to stop Shinobu but Iguro stopped the Love Hashira to interfere the commotion between the two.

"If that's what you want, then, WE'RE DONE AND I END MY RELATION WITH YOU, STUPID!!" Shinobu angrily yelled and turns her back from Giyu and disappeared from his sight.

"Shinobu, wait!" Mitsuri yelled as she disappeared also from Giyu and Iguro's sight.

"Tomioka, better explain this to me so that I'll understand why you're sending Shinobu away from you." Iguro said.

"I can't tell you either, Iguro. But, this will tell you the reason of my staying in here." Giyu said as he grabbed the Red Spider Lily in his pocket on his trousers and handed it to Iguro.

"What the..." Iguro uttered.

"Now if you know about it, then congratulations. Now, you may leave." Giyu said.