Chapter 1

Derek stood in my doorway smiling; holding my journal.

"Give. It. Back." I said fuming.

He slowly walked towards me, "Make me."

I knew I shouldn't do anything; say anything, or threaten him. I should have just walked away and ignored him.

But I didn't.

I punched him as hard as I could before he registered what happened. A shot of pain twisted my arm, and Derek just sat there, unemotional.

"Hmm...did you just brush a fly off my face?" He laughed loudly and walked away.

I layed on my bed, tears streaming down my face. That journal was the only place I had to say whatever I thought without getting in trouble. I wrote a lot of crap about Derek and he would be ticked off.

Whoosh.

I felt something behind me, but nothing was there. Suddenly I heard a voice without a host.

"Why would you say I 'was a fat-faced, cockey, abusing, powerhungry jerk' Jacey?" He said. "That's not very nice."

"Well I don't have to be nice. Its my journal. I can put anything I want."

Silence.

Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead. I refused to wipe; I wouldn't show any fear in front of him. I waited. But nothing happened.

And then I felt an invisible hand life me up.

I screamed as I sat dangling in the air. The hands scooped my up and flew out the window.

"PUT. ME. DOWN." I cried. Instead; he went higher up to the roof of our new house...

We used to live in a small, three bedroom apartment. But now, thanks to Derek, our house was huge. There were at least five rooms that weren't even used. With marble staircases, rare original copys of art hanging up; and an indoor swimming pool.

But I missed our apartment. I loved the cozy feeling of a small room, and I was tempted to move back to our appartment myself. But of course, that wouldn't happen, now that Derek had 'sworn enemies'.

He flew me up to the top of the roof, and I felt a hand let go.

"Jacey...promise me you'll erase those mean things in your journal." He threatened sweetly.

Never. I thought.

"Okay....I will...." I finally panted.

"Good."

I saw hands appear and found him floating above me; smiling. He flew me back to me room and dropped me on my wood floor.

"You could've dropped me on my bed," I mumbled, rubbing my backside.

I checked my clock; 7:30 AM. Crap, I knew I would be late. I threw on some jeans and a blouse and ran downstairs.

I could see the bus coming; running as fast as I could, I barely made it in time.

"Good mornin' Jacey." Steve, my busdriver said.

"Hi." I mumbled, taking the seat right behind him. Steve was on of the nicest people I'd ever met; he looked out for me and I really appreciated it.

The bus dropped us off at Viewmont High, and I ran to class. Being early, the teacher was at her desk watching the news.

"Thanks Tera. Were coming to you live in Palrim city. In other news, it looks like Derek has been busy serving justice this morning...."

Ears strained, I watched the brodcasters show my brother beat up two criminals.

"Yeah, it's not easy having superpowers and all..." Derek was saying, "Especially when some members of your family...dont approve. But it feels good to do stuff like this." Suddenly, on screen, some guy behind Derek attacked him. Before I could see anything else, I heard my teacher gasp as Derek cried out on live TV.

The screen went blank. And so did my mind.