chapter 7

A/N: This chapter has a song nya!! I recomend starting it when you get to the scene its in (anata will know when to start playing it ^-^)

That morning, Hitoshi-san got into his car and drove to Raku-chan's house. He could hardly wait to see his neko tomodachis again. It seemed like it had been an eternity since he had last seen them in the hospital. After a few minutes of driving through typical morning traffic, Hitoshi-san turned onto Raku-chan's street. He glanced to the side, taking in the surroundings. The cherry blossoms were in bloom, and the sakura petals were blowing across the street in the morning breeze. It was a very beautiful time of year. Hitoshi idly drove by, watching the small pink flowers dance across the road, when he saw a tiny brown figure appear in his vision. Before he could even see what it was, it darted into the road right in front of Hitoshi-san's car. Hitoshi slammed on his brakes, lurching forward as the car screeched to a stop. Thankfully, the seatbelt caught him so he didn't fly out the window ^^

Hitoshi-san immediately unbuckled the seatbelt and got out of the car to see what had jumped in front of him. He hoped he had not hit it, but he never saw it make it to the other side of the road. His heart dropped to his stomach when he walked towards the front of the car. But when he looked under the car and by the wheels, he didn't see anything. Hitoshi took another look at the grass on each side of the road. Still no sign of the creature. He breathed a sigh of relief and shrugged it off, at least knowing he did not hit whatever it was, and drove the rest of the way to Raku-chan's house.

When he pulled into the driveway and got out of his car, Raku-chan immediately burst through the door. "Hitoshi-san! Nya!" she yelled. Hitoshi-san smiled as darted across the driveway and jumped to him, wrapping her arms around him while her neko tail wagged with excitement.

"I missed you so much, desu!" Raku said. "Are you all better now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Raku-chan. Nya. Rawr," Hitoshi reassured her. "And how are you, tomodachi?"

Raku-chan blushed. "I'm very sugoi, Hitoshi."

Koneko-chan came through the door, holding a small kawaii bowl with inus on it. "Konnichiwa, Hitoshi-san. I brought you some mochi ice cream."

"Arigato, Koneko-chan," Hitoshi-san said. Raku let go of him so he could go grab the mochi ice cream from Koneko. The bowl felt refreshingly cold on his hands. When Hitoshi-san looked down at it, he noticed that it had a rainbow pattern on it. Hitoshi felt his face turn red and he looked at Koneko with surprise. Did she know?

She saw Hitoshi-san's expression. "I- I thought of Raku-chan when I got it," she muttered, blushing slightly. 

Raku-chan immediately grabbed Hitoshi's arm before he had time to respond. "Let's go inside, Hitoshi-san! Nya!" she exclaimed. She practically pulled Hitoshi off his feet towards the door.

"Ok, ok, I'll come inside with you," Hitoshi laughed, and he began walking inside. But he was still thinking about what Koneko had said. Does Koneko-chan have a crush on Raku-chan?  he thought. He never had gotten the chance to ask her before Raku brought him in the house.

Inside, Raku-chan had decorated the room with kawaii balloons and a big banner that read "Welcome home, Hitoshi-san" in bright pink letters. There were several bowls of the rainbow mochi ice cream on the table, which had a tablecloth covered in nekos and inus spread across it. 

"I wanted to make you feel sugoi when you came back, so I put up all these kawaii decorations in my home, desu!" said Raku.

Hitoshi-san ran his fingers through his blue hair, awed. "Well, you certainly put a lot of effort into your decorating. I'm so arigatoful you did this all for me."