38. Funny Valentine

Start from the beginning

The second that Lonny's body came into view, Christian vaulted out of their hiding place, wrapped an arm around Lonny's torso, grabbed him by the throat, and hurled him backwards. Lonny tripped over this own two feet, choking on his spit and gasping for air. Mazie swung the door wide open to the empty girl's locker room, leaving room for Christian to propel Lonny into the private enclosed space.

Lonny dropped his phone in the midst of the struggle, and it clattered on the floor.

Finding his voice, Lonny garbled out incoherent words. His wide eyes stared with crazed fear at Christian who angrily shoved him into the depths of the locker room. When he tried to scream, Mazie slapped a hand over his mouth and thrust all her body weight into his shoulder. His legs buckled under the severity of being outnumbered. The two of them jammed Lonny into a set of lockers, and he slumped onto the bench lining the walls.

For a second, Lonny squabbled for purchase, squirming underneath Christians immutable grip. His eyes as wide as saucers darted between the two of them, reorienting himself after their surprise ambush. Christian pinned him against the lockers with a hand at his throat.

"We'd like to talk," Mazie started by saying, tilting her head amusingly. She didn't feel an ounce of remorse. "But you can't scream. We won't hurt you," she added.

"Well...probably not." Christian glanced at Mazie and they shared a nasty smirk which they turned on Lonny.

Breathing heavily, Lonny nodded. Hesitantly, Mazie peeled back her fingers one by one until her hand drifted away from his mouth. She wiped her hand on her jeans while Lonny gasped for breath and smeared the sleeve of his shirt over his mouth.

"What...the hell?!" Lonny yelled between clenched teeth.

"No, no. You don't get to ask questions," Mazie informed him. She sat down on the bench across from him. Following her lead, Christian released Lonny with a final shove and stood to his full height, flexing all of his muscles with masculine strength, letting Lonny know he was ready if he chose to put up a fight. "We know what you did," Mazie stated, staring him in the eyes fiercely.

The remaining color in Lonny's cheeks drained. "What...what do you mean?" He stuttered over his own words, trying to remain calm but knowing he was outnumbered. There was no escaping this conversation.

"Don't play stupid," Christian growled, itching to pummel him with his fists.

Mazie shot him a glare. They couldn't bash his head in. Yet. "We know that you raped Demi."

Sealing his lips together tightly, Lonny sought to cover his sins by rearranging himself and smoothing down his wrinkled shirt. His throat constricted, Adam's apple bobbing, as he swallowed. "I didn't rape her." His voice was raspy with alarm and suspicion.

Folding her arms over her chest, Mazie raised an eyebrow. "We have firsthand and secondhand testimonies as well as video evidence. Let's get past the part where you deny what you did."

"I'm being serious!" Lonny squared his shoulders and glanced nervously at Christian.

"You can look at me. I'm over here," she corrected him, pointing to her eyes. Lonny's gaze flitted between the two of them uncomfortably. "As I was saying...."

"No, I'm being dead serious! I didn't rape her! I would never do that to her. I love her!"

"Stop lying," Christian grumbled, curling his hands into fists to punctuate his point.

Lonny held up his hands. "I'm serious! I love Demi! I wouldn't do that to her!"

"Then we need an explanation," Mazie stated quite seriously, expecting nothing but the truth from him.