Recall

Pain. That's what he recalls. He remembers the day when he was 18 and his cheeks were wet out of fear and his lips were shaking, gasping for breath. Shattered glass was covering all the floor, and when he once again saw what had happened, he fell down to his knees, hands and knees all covered in blood.
It took him a while to come to his senses, and for a moment he thought he was able to forget everything, because of the Pain. For the first time in his life, he didn't dislike the pain, he was actually enjoying it..
The pain helped him erase his past at that moment. And that's when the problems - more serious ones - began.
Two years had passed already, 20 year old Taeyong alone by himself at that house which had become his nightmare but he had nowhere else to go. He heard all the sounds and voices over again inside his head, on repeat. The sound of glass smashing into pieces, his aunt screaming, and even his own voice, sobbing till his eyes gave up on him.
He didn't remember when and why he had fainted in that house, but when he regained consciousness, all he could hear was music. He decided to keep his eyes closed and just listen to the sound of that guitar. Piece. That's what he felt, something he hadn't felt for years.
When the music was over, he opened his eyes to find the source of that calmness.
As soon as he did so, two doctors came hurriedly, casting a light in his eyes and checking everything possible. When they were done, Taeyong turned his head to find the one who had played the guitar.
He then saw a girl, holding a red guitar in her hands and smiling shyly in the direction of Taeyong when their eyes meet. Two weeks passed in the hospital and Taeyong decided he wanted to learn how to play the guitar from that girl. He consulted the doctors and they told him it's a great way to help him recover and start a new life. It was funny how he didn't dislike the hospital at all and considered there heaven comparing to the house he was living in.
After hearing the music that day at the hospital, Taeyong was no longer the same person. He had found piece and hope in the deepest levels of fear and sorrow, and he wanted to dedicate his whole life to music.
After he got dismissed from the hospital, the first thing he did was to sell the house. He no longer felt fear to escape from his safety zone, that had actually become his jail.
He decided to bury all the memories and never go back to that place again. Or at least try to do so.
He managed to buy a new house, and ask the girl to come teach him the guitar.
During the two weeks of his stay at that hospital, the girl had helped him a lot. She played for him whenever he asked her to, she made him food and even helped him with eating it. Taeyong couldn't be more thankful, but that was all. He didn't feel love for her, he simply felt indebted to her. But for the girl, it was the other way around.
At first she just wanted to help Taeyong since he was all alone and pitiful, but as time passed, she fell for him harder and harder. That's why she promptly accepted Taeyong's request to be taught how to play the guitar.
She taught him for about a year or so, not telling him she had a crush on him, hoping that one day Taeyong himself would take the first step, but that never happened.
Taeyong considered her a reliable friend of his, someone he could tell his secrets.
And one day, when the girl entered his house and found him crying on the ground, she found out Taeyong's biggest secret. Between his cries, Taeyong managed to tell her that he thinks he's interested in boys. When the girl heard this, she slowly held him between her arms, caressing his hair and telling him it's fine and it's nothing unusual, as she felt tears blurring her sight, wishing his nonstop torture would come to an end someday.
And it did. That day, when he met Jaehyun for the first time.