Epilogue

'Stone! Why are you back' His mother demands looking anxiously from Stone to Aleska. 'I told you to stay ___'

'Relax mum,' Stone smiles as he hugs her. 'It's Aleska's decision to come to England.'

'Oh! Really?' She wraps her arms curiously around Aleska, embracing her warmly.

'Hi General. What are you talking about?' Aleska asks, looking confused.

'Firstly Aleska,' she smiles, I insist you call me Kate, now that we're going to be family.'

Aleska grins girlishly. 'Thank you ---Kate,' she rolls her name experimentally over her tongue. 'Why didn't you want Stone to come back here?'

Kate's eyes narrow at her son. 'He was moping around, looking miserable. Obviously missing you, so I sent him packing.'

Aleska laughs.

'Why did you ___ leave your grandfather?' Kate asks gently.

Aleska's eyes mist up. 'He --- he ---.'

'Oh I'm so sorry love.' Perceptively Kate wraps her arms around Aleska again. 'My condolences,' she murmurs soothingly.

Aleska nods. 'Thank you,' she murmurs back.

Stone laces his hands through Aleska's. He gently applies pressure, letting her know, he is there for here. Aleska looks up at him, acknowledging his silent message of love. They share an intimate moment, Aleska smiles. Stone nods infinitesimally, recognizing her pain, empathetic that she is still grieving.

'Are you coming home Stone?' Kate enquires as she slides into the driver's seat of her car.

'I'll drive mum?' Stone offers.

'No,' she smiles, shaking her head. 'I can manage. Aleska needs you.'

'I'm okay,' Aleska murmurs.

'I'd like to show Aleska our home,' Stone states proudly. 'So if you don't mind mum.'

'Not at all.' Kate smiles, as she exits the airport. 'I think Aleska needs a day or two by herself. You can both come to an early lunch on Saturday. Your dad will be delighted to finally meet your fiancée.'

Stone laughs, as he looks at Aleska to see if she's okay with Saturday lunch. A broad smile etches across her face.

'I can't wait to meet him,'she smiles.

'Mum, I'm in a hurry to become married. It's going to happen in the next two weeks if I can arrange it,' Stone declares.

Kate smiles. 'Aleska it will be my honour if you allow me to buy your dress.'

Her instinctive response was to say no. 'I ___ thank you,' she smiles, sensing it polite not to reject the offer.

'Just let me know the day you want to go shopping,' Kate laughs, 'and believe me we'll need a day.'

Aleska laughs awkwardly.

'Mum why do I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot more shopping than just the dress,' Stone grins.

'A girl needs shoes and accessories and --- stuff,' Kate laughs.

Stone is delighted that his mum is reaching out to Aleska. He stretches his arm around her neck, drawing her closer to him. 'You're going to be spoilt,' Stone whispers in her ear.

'I want to pay for --- everything else,' Aleska states.

Stone smiles. He knows her stubborn independence. She is no free loader. If he knows one thing of the woman he loves, it is her fierce and fiery independent spirit.