The Case of the Double Sevens

The one were Salem finally tells the truth

"Tell me what you want to hear

Something that will light those ears

Sick of all the insincere

I'm gonna give all my secrets away."

"Nope, this is just my personality" 

"There are three reasons why I left that night, so I hope you guys have some time. Uh do you remember that room at the end of the hall that was always locked and dad told us never to go in?" Salem asks her siblings and they nod. "Well, one day, I got curious and picked the lock."

15 years ago

The day Salem ran

Salem stared at the brown door at the end of the hall with curiosity, she walked down the hall and pulled a bobby pin from her long black hair that cascaded down her shoulders.

"Salem, w-what are you d-doing?" A young Diego Hargreeves said from behind his sister, making her jump. "Holy shit, Dig, don't scare me like that." Salem told him while hitting his arm, he grabbed her wrist and pulled the bobby pin out of her hand.

"What are y-you doing, S-Salem? Y-You know w-we're not allowed in t-there, if we're f-found anywhere n-near that d-door we could g-get in a lot of t-trouble." Diego tells her and she rolled her eyes. "There is no 'we' it's me and come on, man, aren't you the least bit curious about what's behind that door?" She asked her brother and he sighed

"I m-mean... yeah b-but-" "But nothing, Diego! We could find out what's in there, we would be heroes, mi hermano!" Salem told Diego with a giggle and threw her arms in the air.

Diego rolled his eyes and pulled Salem's arms down. "W-we're already h-heroes, mi hermana loca, b-but if we g-get caught we w-will be d-dead heroes!" He told his sister who started taking another bobby pin out of her hair to which Diego quickly grabbed it out of her hand.

"Chill out, Diego." Salem giggled and took out another bobby pin from her hair, which again Diego took. "Huh-how many g-goddamn bob-bobby pins d-do you have?!... Salem, a-are you high?" Diego asked a giggling Salem. "Nope, this is just my personality" she replied, Diego rolled his eyes before staring at the door.

"F-fine, we'll g-go in b-but only for a s-second." Diego told her and handed her the bobby pins, she smiled and hugged her brother before skipping down the hall.