Chapter Six

Valon tried to ignore the sounds coming from Kristen's bedroom but there was nowhere in the house far enough away to escape them. What began as an infrequent coupling between Kristen and Tony had become something else once Valon's master had assumed the young man's body. It was now multiple times a day that Kristen allowed herself to be used for his pleasure.
And that's all it was, Valon was certain of it—his master used the woman for his own pleasure. Nothing around him could be meaningful but pleasure, the ghost figured. His master certainly couldn't feel love. However, he remained baffled by what had changed in Kristen's mind. She had never showed much concern for the young carpenter during the past month. Valon wondered if his master controlled her nefariously in the same manner he was controlled.

Cuckold. It was an idea that infuriated him even more than listening to Tony have his way with Kristen for the second time today. But as much as Valon wanted to do something, anything to stop it, there was no reasonable action he could take. If his master were truly residing within the twenty-four-year-old corporeal body that writhed between Kristen's legs, Valon had no choice but to accept she was lost to him—as he was, indeed, the man's slave.

The sounds stopped. The vocalizations of pleasure fell away, and Valon felt another bitter sting as he sensed the pair had exhausted themselves. The agony of his imprisonment had never felt so claustrophobic, and he couldn't sit still a moment longer.

Climbing the stairs, Valon made his way to the master bedroom. He heard the water from the bathroom running loudly through the walls as he approached the bedroom door. As Valon suspected, Tony was showering while Kristen laid in bed, her eyes closed.

It was too good a chance to pass up. Valon swiftly pushed at the woman's mind, coaxing it to descend into dreams where he could speak freely with her. The ghost drew Kristen forward strongly, fidgeting with impatience until she had entered the dream state. Without his coaxing, it would take almost an hour for the woman to enter her first dream.

Valon caressed Kristen's breasts, kissing them as he had longed to for days. Though he could smell Tony's stench on her, the ghost could not keep himself from touching his sweet love.

From behind him, Valon felt the familiar stone-hard grip take hold of his throat and rip him backward. His body flew across the room and through the wall into the bathroom. When the ghost stopped moving, he slammed into the marble tile wall of the shower, which met the back of his head with blinding pain.

Standing before Tony, the droplets of the overhead rain nozzle poured down warmly over both their bodies. Valon reached to hold the back of his head, desperate to meet the pain spreading on account of the collision. When he stopped squinting from the pain and opened his eyes, Valon saw Tony staring at him with marked concern on his face.

The young man rose his hands gently to lay them upon Valon's own hands as they cradled the back of his skull. It was a tender gesture that didn't agree with the violence of the act that preceded it.

"What are you doing?" Valon's master asked quietly, the base of his voice almost masked by the sound of the running water around them.

The ghost didn't have a response, but his steel-blue eyes rose to meet Tony's gaze. The reaction from the young man was immediate.

"So beautiful," remarked Tony, and he caressed Valon's head.

The words registered with the ghost as the act of a lover, and he involuntarily withdrew. Though there was barely a full inch available to Valon, the action did no go unnoticed by Tony.

"I asked you a question," the young man repeated himself, his eyes darkening.

"I went to her," answered Valon. "I love her, and I went to comfort her."

"Love her?" Tony asked.

Valon's eyes faltered as the young man's suspicious tone landed. "What do you mean by that? Surely, you don't mean what you say. You can't possibly feel loved by a woman of flesh and bone. She still questions herself as to whether you exist. From where does this fancy of love arrive in your mind?"

"I love her," the ghost insisted, standing at attention as if he might fight Tony then and there within the four-by-four foot enclosed space. "I loved her mother, and I love Kristen. I want her with me."

"She belongs to me," Tony countered calmly. "I don't mean to this vessel."

Valon's master stared down at his naked body, shining as the hot water flowed over the hard musculature to his feet.

"But even if she wasn't mine, this is who she loves," Tony said, placing his right hand over his chest as if to anoint his body as the object of Kristen's true desire.

"I have chosen her," said Valon, standing still as if without fear.

"Is it your place to do so?" asked the ghost's master. "Is it your desire to be with her so soon after I have finished coupling with her? Is it your wish to be with Kristen, knowing she would again enjoy me this very moment whether I asked her to or not?"

Valon faltered at his master's questions, which resounded honestly and tenderly as if the young man were a father speaking to his son. The ghost felt a well of emotion rising in him again, and he was unprepared to stop it.

"Do as you wish," Tony said upon seeing the ghost's suffering.

He returned his large hands to Valon's head, caressing him gently.

"And I will do as I wish," said the young man, drawing his face to Valon's.

Tony kissed him generously, and the ghost's body seized in stunned silence. Valon somehow gathered the focus left to him to pull away, but Tony's bemused stare met him just as determined. The young man looked down at Valon's body, examining him. To the ghost's shock, he realized he too stood naked in the shower with his master. More unexpected than anything, Valon felt himself hardening.