9

"y'know eds, you can't just lay there all day." richie said to eddie, who was still asleep on bill's carpeted floor. his cheeks were red from sleep, and his honey colored eyes were prominent in the early morning sun.

"you must arise, master! there has been-" richie began in one of his voices, and was cut off by a grumpy eddie.

"shut up, richie." he said, in a voice deeper than normal. richie blushed at how cute his voice was in the morning, and he wished he could wake up to it every morning.

richie crawled over to the boy, and put a hand on his warm back. he shook him gently.

"come on, spaghetti boy. get up. did you have pretty little dreams of you and me?" richie asked with a grin.

eddie's face flushed at the comment, but he stayed in the same position.

"i don't wanna get up." eddie moaned.

richie smiled and laid next to the boy, a goofy grin on his face.

"we have to go to school." richie said, looking over at eddie with his hands behind his head. richie's AC/DC shirt was baggy around his arms, and slid down.

his thin legs were wearing blue jean cargo pants, with a rip in the knee. all of richie's clothes are from his dad, or the thrift store he so rarely visits. eddie loved richie's style, though. an edgy boy with a guitar and long curly hair, who pierced his ears with a needle and wears paperclips in them. that's how the world sees richie. and to be honest, it's quite fucking hot.

eddie finally sat up.

"no, we don't." eddie said, rubbing his eyes.

richie laughed and rubbed eddie's hair.

"stopstopstop" eddie said quietly and sleepily, pushing richie's hands away, with a large smile.

eddie stood up, only wearing baggy pajama pants. he blushed when he realized his stomach was showing, but richie didn't mind. he stared at eddie's skinny stomach as he watched eddie put on one of richie's sweaters.

"oh, so now you're stealing my clothes? how cute." richie said, and walked over to eddie.

eddie was still rummaging through his bag, looking for a toothbrush. richie hugged him from behind, resting his face on eddie's (richie's) sweater. they stood there for a while.

"richie.." eddie began to say.

"yes, my love." richie replied dreamily.

"we need to talk. about- about last night. the kiss." eddie said softly.

richie sighed and sat down on the bed. eddie sat too, a pair of black jeans and pink socks were folded neatly next to eddie's bag for him to wear.

"yeah, i guess we do. what did you want to say?" richie said.

richie was nervous. he was afraid of what eddie might say. about his mother, about how it's "wrong", about how he doesn't feel the same. about how it was a mistake. but what eddie said was completely different.

"i thought it was amazing. i never felt like that before, ever. what does that mean?" eddie asked, his voice breaking in pain, the sound hurting riche's heart.

they sat in silence for a few seconds, before richie spoke.

"it's love, eddie." he said, almost a whisper.

"it's love, and i know it was because i feel it too. i felt it, last night." richie stated, his eyes now brimming with tears too.

they didn't say anything for a while.

"what are we, richie?" eddie asked, a tear staining his skin.

he looked deep into richie's eyes and hoped he said the answer he wanted, "boyfriends". boyfriends. two boys dating. lovers. soulmates. s/o's. two boys in love.

"what do you want to be?" richie asked, looking back. a hint of a smile rested on his beautiful lips.

eddie smiled. richie wiped the tear from his cheek.

"be honest, eds. i want what you want." richie said.

"i- i don't know." eddie said, afraid. he didn't want to say that, but the thought of his mother appeared in his mind and he was terrified.

"what if she.. what if she finds out, richie?" eddie asked, his voice wavering.

"hey, hey it's okay. we don't have to be anything yet. just best friends, like always. best friends who shared a kiss, and maybe a few more." richie said with a wink, but he turned serious when he saw eddie's face.

"things will be okay." richie said, because he understood.

the thing he understood about eddie was being scared. being scared to go home, scared of what he might see. what might be said. what might be revealed.

he put a hand on eddie's shoulder. but eddie pulled him into a hug and sobbed into his shoulder. richie hugged back.

"i understand." he said into eddie's shoulder.

eddie sniffled.

"i know you do. you always do."

they stayed like that until eddie calmed down enough to get dressed and eat breakfast, before they went to the quarry.

this was really bad, and short, but i seriously don't know what to write lolll. sorry for the lack of updates, it's currently 1am on a sunday and i'm tired but i promised this so here's an awful chapter:). i need to think of more ideas lol.

love u

-addi <3