[11] Hak x Wife!Reader ▪ Upset

Written for GloryMidNight.

As always, [Y/N] helped Yoon with directions as she set the tents for the upcoming night. You could do more than one thing at a time and still remain organized, which was something Yoon appreciated a lot, especially while dealing with the dragons and the princess - they couldn't stay in place and always got in trouble somehow.
The presence of someone who always thought rationally and had a great sense of responsability reassured him and undoubtely everyone else.

However, [Y/N], humble as ever, thought she was just doing her job, which was helping Princess Yona.
Before King Il's death, she was a servant at the castle. Being near Yona in age, the two girls quickly became friends. At first, it was supposed to be a secret, because [Y/N] figured that she would likely to be punished - or worse, fired - for treating the princess with such familiarity. But that's not what happened : she befriended Hak as well, which led King Il to notice her friendship with his daughter, and instead of scolding her... The kind king welcomed her with open arms, and only reminded her to not forget her job.
That day, [Y/N] decided to be at Yona's side forever, no matter what would happen ; they would never be separated. She would always be here to help her, even with the easiest tasks, protect her and comfort her.

When she was a child, she wasn't very active and prefered to observe quietly what happened around her. Thus, she was always behind Yona and her friends, smiling happily at the princess' joy. However, one day, Hak took her by the hand and told her that it must be lonely to stay like this ; he leaded her toward the others, to truly make her part of the group.
That made [Y/N]'s heart bounce with joy ; she held an unrivaled admiration for Hak, both because of his physical strenght and his carefree character - she had a tendency to become anxious rapidly, and looked up to whoever was more relaxed. She wiqhed she could be as strong and reliable as him.
Soon, a child's admiration became a teenager's crush, and later evolved in an adult's love. As much as she didn't deny those feelings of hers, she also didn't want to get in Hak's way. Oh, she noticed. She knew the man she loved had eyes for another ; he was in love with Yona, both her master and her friend. And yet, [Y/N] was never heartbroken. After all, she understood Hak's affection for Princess Yona, as she was very dear to [Y/N] herself.

However, a while after beginning this journey to find all of the dragons, Hak had confessed his love for [Y/N] ; it left her speechless. She didn't understand anytging anymore, and yet she was so overjoyed that she accepted to be in a relationship with him without asking questions.
He always treated her well, with love and respect. He showed his affection in private with slight touches and long hugs, and whispered words of love in her ear. He protected her while fighting alongside her, acknowledging her as a competent fighter, and sought to help her whenever she had trouble with something. Time passed, and [Y/N] no longer questionned his love inside of her head : she was completely sure that he loved her.

Serving her master while being in a fruitful relationship with her lover was pure bliss, and, surprising her again, Hak proposed. It was discreet, yet romantic ; her ring was simple and she had to wear it as a necklace so not to be disturbed in battle. There was no ceremony, but there wasn't any need for one either. She felt like she had everything she ever wanted, and wasn't bold enough to ask for more.
However, if she was completely honest... Lately, there was a problem. An elegant, cheerful, perfect problem called Princess Yona. [Y/N] never thought she would one day wish that Yona would go away.
In fact, as much as she knew that Hak only felt loyalty for the princess, [Y/N] couldn't help but be jealous of the attention Hak gave her. Even though if was absolutely normal for Hak to care about Yona's protection at all time, and made sure she was well fed and never injured, these unpleasant feelings plagued [Y/N]'s heart. She knew it was wrong ; she tried to hide these unfair feelings away to lock them in her heart, thus avoiding bothering anyone.