3. Awkward Dinner (Part I)

"¡Guys! Head down I don't trust you enough to let you now alone" Burt said while in the kitchen.

"Coming, Dad, don't worry for what I've got to tell you, we've won again your trust again." Kurt said while heading down the stairs.

"What? Now? Finn got Rachel pregnant?"

"What? No?" Kurt said.

As they arrive to the kitchen Burt gave Kurt the spatula so he can start on the dinner.

Dave was still nervous, but more secure that he and Kurt are now boyfriends. He was scareless shit that he was left alone with Burt.

"Hey!" Burt called. "Do you like to watch re-runs of football?" He asked. "I like to.. cause when Kurt takes control of the kitchen you'll get used to the long waits"

"Uh... yes... sir.. I love football.. I also play in my school.. I'm right guard" he said as he was sitting down in the couch.

"Yes, I've heard about you, my other son, Finn talked about you, he's quarterback you know, I'm proud of him as well as Kurt with his singing and dancing." Burt said as he was sitting down opposite of Dave.

Burt turned the tv on and the DVR to one one many football games he had recorded.

"Buddy, can you bring me a beer, please?" Burt said from the living room to Kurt as he was watching the game.

From the kitchen, Kurt answer. "No way dad, you just had a recent heart attack and it's too soon for you to start drinking again." He said while he goes to the fridge. "I'll take you a glass of water right now." He said. "Don't you want something, David?"

"That heart attack was weeks ago, and I'm fine, but you and Carole are just the same." Burt said rolling his eyes.

"No thanks, I'm fine" Davee answer.

It wasn't seconds later when the door opened and Carole enter. She was carrying some bags (like she had gone go the store).

In wasn't seconds when Dave stand up and went to her and help her with them. "Here, let me help you with"

Carole was confused but grateful for his gesture. She went to sit next to Burt as Dave went into the kitchen.

"Kurt..." He paused as soon as he smelled that delightful seasoning.

"It smells nice isn't it?" Kurt asks him. "It's one of my many secret dishes..." Kurt stopped talking when he saw the bags, Dave was carrying. "...oh sorry, you can put the bags on the countertop."

As soon as Dave heard countertop he went directly to it and set them up. He was relieved that those heavy grocery shop bags were taken off of his arms.

Kurt chuckle as soon as he saw Dave massaging his arms. He turned to him and grabbed his head and turned it to him, Kurt was slowly approaching to kiss him when in the distance he heard the door open and Finn's voice saying "Guys, I'm here, I'm starving hope Kurt made something good"

Both looked as if something wrong was going to happen, and in reality yes something wrong was going to happen.

Cause Burt wasn't the hard test to pass on their relationship it was actually Finn. Since he became aware, that Dave was actually the bully of Kurt he had done everything back then to protect him.

"One time, Finn hit me on the football field and leave me there unable to stand it wasn't until hours that Azimio came and take me home."

"He did what!!!" Kurt reacted so badly.

"Calm down, baby, it was when I didn't know the damage I was doing to you" Dave said.

"But, that is harassing someone still," he says while finishing the last touches on the dinner.

"Should I go out to the living room and see what is his reaction?" Dave said to Kurt while looking at the door.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Finn was all sweaty cause he was practicing. Before Dave could get out of the kitchen he was already long gone into upstairs.

Kurt came out with Dave advising everyone that the food was ready.

"Alright, buddy. You could set the table and we'll go in a bit" Burt said.

"K' dad," he said. "By the way, I heard Finn, where is he?"

"He went upstairs to take a shower cause he came a sweaty, dear" Carole said.