Chapter 7: Matching Bears

Începe de la început

"Talo ka lang eh."

"Hindi kaya...you were just lucky." I tried making an excuse. Well, it was true, I was losing. "Let's just go downstairs."

As we went downstairs, Duchess was there in the living room, growling at Darren. You see, this is the real Duchess, she barks at visitors. Well, except for Karlos and Lynelle. I don't know what they did for Duchess to like them in an instant.

Darren went behind my back. "The dog."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him. "No, it's a cat." I said sarcastically.

"Baka kagatin ako."

"Hindi iyan. She'll only bark at you." I said. I went near Duchess and started petting her. "Come here." I mentioned for Darren to go closer, and he did, slowly. "Now, pet her."

"Ayoko nga!"

"Go na, hindi iyan mangangagat. She's just gonna smell your hand." I said calmly.

"If you're trying to get me killed, no thanks."

"Don't you trust me?" I gave him the puppy look which works when I use it at Karlos, hope it works with him too.

He stared at me for a minute first before giving up. "Ugh fine." He leaned towards me then tried to touched Duchess' head carefully.

"It won't bite so go touch her head." I said. So he did. Then when he realized that Duchess is harmless, he kneeled on the floor and continued petting her. "See?" I said. But then Duchess started growling again and Darren jerked his hands back quickly.

I laughed.

"Hey it's not funny! I could've died or something." and that got me laughing harder. For god's sake he's overeacting.

"You're overeacting." He just shrugged.

***

Darren and I were watching TV, until an angry looking Tita Marinel and Tito Lyndon and a disappointed Lynelle entered the room. Wait, this is scary. Why are they mad?

"Darren, we need to talk to you." Tita Marinel said in a monotone voice. Darren looked at me and I looked at him, probably both wondering why there are two angry looking adults and a disappointed sister. "What did I do?" He asked.

"What did you do?" I asked back. He stood up from the beanbag then went downstairs with his family.

So I went near the stairs and tried to eavesdrop, but they were in the living room and the house is kinda big so I can't really hear anything.

Then I heard a scream, which sounds like it came from Tita Marinel and a "Really?!?" from Darren. Since i'm a curious person, I slowly went down.

"What's happening po?" I asked slowly, seeing a crying Darren and a squealing Lynelle. What the fuck just happened?

"Darren passed the auditions! He can now go to the blind auditions!" Tita Marinel squealed, like, seriously.

"Omg!" I ran to Darren and hugged him. "Congrats!" Then he hugged back.

"Thanks." Then he let go of the hug to dry his tears up.

"Ikaw Alexa, did the ABS CBN company call your parents already?" Tito Lyndon asked.

I frowned and shook my head. "No pa nga po eh. Pero si Karlos nakapasok din." I smiled. They both got in.

"Ah, don't worry, baka na-late lang yung pag tawag sa iyo." Tita Marinel said, cheering me up. I smiled and nodded my head at her.

"Tita, where's mommy and daddy po?" I asked, incase she knows where they are.

"May inaasikaso lang, pabalik na yun." She smiled. "Oh sige na akyat na kayo ni Darren, and isama niyo na si Lynelle." So we went upstairs.