1. Charlotte

( Charlotte's P.O.V.)

"I am going to miss you, Stratton; you are the most beautiful horse I ever had and such a lovely companion for rides"

I kiss my favourite horse and turn to leave. My life is upside down for the past 5 years.

I lost my Dad. I had to come to terms with dear Grandfather, who finally understood his mistakes.

He died protecting me during this awful war and now I also have to change school.

I don't know if I can take any more.

I don't think I will ever return to this mansion... as soon as I finish school, I will just leave and go somewhere quieter...where I won't be recognised or chased by muggles nor wizards...

Loneliness is my only option if I will to survive this world.

I wonder how my classmates will be towards me. Will they see me as the new "celebrity"? Oh, Merlin I hate being me... if only my Dad was alive to take me back to the States...

Although my butler insisted on preparing my suitcase, I refuse him. I will keep all personnel... they need their jobs but I can't be served like a princess. I want my peace of mind, my independence.

I start packing my things.

I undress my self and look in the Mirror.

I am tall, perhaps too tall for my taste... I like my long black shiny straight hair with their flattering slightly wavy ends. My body is slim, but I have the right curves... My legs are long

I love my face... it reminds me of my Mom, as I have seen her in the pictures... Oh I so wish I met her...

Dad always said that I look just like her.

Big, almond shaped, light grey-blue eyes, full lips, nicely outlined nose and bone structure...

That is why everyone who meets me, asks me if I am a model.

I could be a model if I wanted to... but No... this is not for me.

Everyone already looks at me for my beauty... who would ever try and see my heart ?

Who could possible ignore my last name and address me as "ME"...

I wear a pair of plain black tailored pants, a silk blouse in deep green and a matching deep green trench coat. As always I select black whole-cut leather shoes and a black leather tote. I put on my earrings and my favourite watch, I carefully put my favourite perfume and then look again in the Mirror.

I could use some make-up but no... I don't wish to attract any more eyes than usual on me.

Next stop... Diagon Alley... I wish I could skip that part

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first visit the Bookstore. I like books. I own many private libraries with extremely rare editions, but I need to stick to the list that Hogwarts has provided me with.

As soon as I have purchased everything, I ask to send them directly at Hogwarts.

Next, I need to buy new robes, which is very easy. Many eyes are on me, while I pass by. Madame Malkin know me, of course.

She skips all other customers to serve me, which makes me feel so uncomfortable that my cheeks redden.

There is also a tall boy with silver blond hair who looks at me but doesn't dare say anything for stealing his turn.

I pay for the robes and leave the Store. The next stop is a couple special utensils for Potions and some rare ingredients that the School fails to supply us.

As soon as I enter the dark Apothecary I bump into something.

I hear a deep voice, like a voice from a dream that I cannot exactly place and remember.

- PAY ATTENTION NEXT TIME!

I freeze.

I stumbled upon a man... great. Thank Merlin he didn't recognize me, otherwise he would have added something about my heritage, like other people did in the past...

- I am terribly sorry Sir, please forgive my insolence... I should have been more careful entering a dark place.

I spoke up an apology, without losing my strength of voice. I even looked up at him to find a deep, cloudy pair of black eyes staring at me with disgust.

The moment our eyes met, his gaze softened.

He replied with a small curt of his head and allowed me to pass.

I approached the desk and asked the salesman to provide me with the full list.

The Dark Tall Man was behind me and I could feel his presence so strong and defined.

The salesman arrived with everything, making up the sum.

I heard the Dark Tall Man gasp as soon as the clerk announced the amount.

Obviously it was considered much more than the usual, especially for a student.

I paid and asked for the things to be shipped to Hogwarts.

I turned my back and left, eyeing the Dark Tall Man with an apologetic smile on my face.

His expression remained calm, but his eyes were truly mesmerizing. I felt a weird attraction, like this person is someone important, although I highly doubt it.