Chapter 10: Gabriella

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling now?"

"I'm fine, but they aren't letting me go."

He smiled," They'll discharge you tonight. I talked to your mom and she told me."

"What? She should have told me too. I can't wait to get out of here."

His smile changed into a slight frown.

"Actually, I came here to say goodbye."

My heart skipped a beat. I shook my heart," What do you mean?"

"I resigned from the school two days ago; I am no longer a teacher...."

I said impulsively," we'll, that's good to know though."

He raised his eyebrow," Why is that so?"

"No, I meant... Well, I can't know you more if you are my teacher...."

I spoke the words and then regretted. That sounded so much like flirting that I felt embarrassed.

He laughed," My dear Lily, You couldn't have recognized me if I haven't joined as a teacher."

I lifted my hand up, and held his dangling arm. For a minute, I felt like a 1000 volts passed through my body. It was more than a "Déjà vu" sort of feeling. I had felt this touch before, but where. I forced my brain to think as hard as it could.

Why was Adrian so familiar? I had seen, heard and felt him before, but where.

He placed his hand in his pocket and took out a black box with a little red ribbon around it. He placed the box on my free palm, and squeezed my other hand softly is his.

"What's this?"

"A gift for you." He smiled and kissed my fingers softly.

I was falling for his mysterious charms but I tried to resist the temptations. I placed the box on the side table.

"No."

"What do you mean, Lily?"

"No, I can't take anything from you."

"Why, my dear?"

I shook my head," Don't! You are scaring me, Adrian, with your extra attention. Why are you being weird with me?"

He held my hand again in his, "I understand how you feel. I expected the similar response. But don't be scared, please."

"Then, tell me who are you?"

"I'll tell you, but you'll go away from me." He frowned. "I can't let that happen."

My cellphone vibrated suddenly.

"I'm coming to meet you

-CHASE"

I frowned and placed my phone upside down. Adrian stared at my phone blankly for a while then shook his head.

"He's here." He commented in a sad voice.

I quickly asked, "Who?"

I was sure than Adrian hasn't seen the text. He smiled," Your friend, Chase."

I looked at him shocked. He added," He'll knock on the door in exact 30 second."

As soon as his sentence finished, there was a sharp knock on the door.

Chase entered with a bouquet of red roses which I least expected from him. I was worried about introducing Adrian to him.

Chase greeted me so warmly.