Halloween Special

Start from the beginning

"What do we have here?" A low, inhuman voice rasped, taking a step right behind you. You could hear them sniff behind you, then grunt in satisfaction. You didn't dare turn around, didn't dare move, your life depended on it.

"What's a delicious little snack like you doing out here?" The voice asked, taking a few steps around to get a look at your face. You closed your eyes tight, hoping that if you didn't look that this wouldn't be real, that this wouldn't be happening. You were at home, safe in your bed, without any scary monsters confronting you.

Your heart hammered in your chest and your breathing was shallow and frantic, but you kept your calm as best as you could. You didn't make a noise, didn't open your eyes, didn't even move.

"What's wrong, precious? Are you afraid of something you haven't even seen? Or perhaps you've heard of me." You felt a sharp claw hook under your chin, tilting your face upwards and urging you to get a look at him. "Come on, beautiful. Let me see your eyes."

You swallowed audibly and slowly peeked at the monster in front of you. You breath caught in your throat as you were met with an impossible wall of thick, sandy blonde fur.

Your eyes widened as you looked at the rest of the behemoth. He was easily a few feet taller than you, with thick muscles covered in a thick pelt. His face was more beast than man, with an unhuman gaze looking down at you. His eyes were the most shocking of all, a bright blue that you'd only ever seen in the rarest of potion making flowers in your shop. Large, wolf like ears, were perched atop his large head, flickering in the wind as it blew against them.

"Wh-Who are you?" You choked out, still paralyzed to the spot.

He chuckled darkly, removing his claw from your chin as he took a step back.

"Ha! Surely you've heard of the big bad wolf," he spat each word, his lips drawing back to reveal a set of sharp teeth.

You gasped and took a step back, causing him to laugh again.

"What do you want with me?"

"Something to entertain me. A sweet little pet like you would do just wonderfully." He grinned, his hot breath causing steam to rise up around you.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and took a step back. You charged a spell in your hand, ready to blast him and try and get out of there as fast as you could.

He must've seen it coming, however, as one of his large hands wrapped around your wrist with bruising force.

"I wouldn't do that, little one." He snarled, bending your wrist back and causing you to whimper in pain, "Unless you'd like to lose this arm."

You meekly let the magic culminating into your palm dissipate, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"That's much better. We have a long night ahead of us." He snickered, hoisting you up over his shoulders and running deep through the forest. He ran at frightening speeds while you clung to his back, hair whipping your face as you screamed out for help. No one seemed to hear you, though. You were so deep into the forest you weren't even sure anyone was around. You wondered what your fate would be once he reached his destination. What would he do with you? Kill you? Eat you? Other unspeakable things?

The thought overwhelmed you and caused a steady stream of tears to spill from your eyes. You were done for.

He slowed his sprint as he neared a hill with a large opening in it's side. It was secluded and well hidden, you wouldn't have known it was there had he not carried you directly into it. He carried you deep inside through the darkness, through tunnel after tunnel until he emerged into a dimly lit room.