Halloween special Pt.1

(This is part one of two. It's not exactly Halloween themed, but this is something a little darker that I've been thinking about for a bit. Part two will be up tomorrow afternoon! Enjoy and Happy Halloween!)

    Toshinori was no idiot. Sure, he didn't have a fancy education, he was just a military man after all, but he was no idiot. This ship was going down, and it was going down fast. The majority of his crew had already abandoned ship, but he, the captain, and a few of the stronger crewman had stayed aboard, trying desperately to salvage what little they could. As if the large hole in the ship wasn't enough, sirens were swarming the edge of the ship, clawing onto the wood and dragging men into the murky depths of the ocean. They were absolutely screwed.
They'd crashed straight into some shark jagged rocks, the captain and most of his crew enthralled by the sultry songs of the women sitting atop of them. Their nude bodies had sat perched above the rocks, beckoning for the men to come to them, to wrap themselves in their sinewy arms. They were beautiful, truly, but there was one that's voice called to him from above all the rest, practically begging him nearer, to save them.
You had been sunbathing on the top of the rocks when his shipped passed, letting your scales soak up the heat of the sun, but as soon as you smelled him you were up and alert, ready to abandon your rock in an instant. You couldn't see what smelled so enticing, nearly half a mile away on the boat, but it was strong. The smell was more appetizing than anything you'd ever smelt before. It was fresh, oaky, comforting. It pulled at you, like the part you were missing was somehow nestled away in that military ship.
The other sirens around you seemed to notice the boat as well, but you were unsure if they felt the same pull that you did.
"He's mine!" You hissed, slipping off of the rocks and leading the brigade of sirens towards the men. You were inarguably the strongest among the sirens. You were much more enticing, more beautiful, and your song couldn't was impossible to resist, with the simplest melody you could lead a hundred men to their death. Your powers were much stronger than the others as well, so they all had a healthy respect for you. None dared cross your path, lest they meet a fate similar to their victims.
As soon as you neared the boat you could  tell how pitifully easy this ship would be. There were no people on guard, which was surprising for a military ship, and none of them seemed to have any of  their weapons on them, and the ship was unusually small. It had 15 crewmen at most. It seemed like the military was practically handing this to you on platter.
As you neared and the smell grew stronger, you were instantly able to pick out it's source. You could see him at the wheel of the ship, standing next to the captain as the mumbled things you couldn't pick out. The rest of the crew carried on with their duties without even noticing the threat looming nearby. He was incredibly tall, his muscles obvious even through his military uniform. He had oddly styled hair, like blonde horns on the front of his head. His smile stretched across the entirety of his face, complimented by blue eyes that were so bright you could see them shimmering from far away. He and the captain were talking with each other nonchalantly, not even paying attention to the sea around them.
A wicked smile twisted on your face. It'd been a while since anyone had dared come near these rocks, most people stayed far away in fear of the legends that surrounded it. You'd grown bored without any humans to play with. Today should offer some risk-free rewards.
Before the men had any chance to notice you, your song began. You masterfully weaved the notes through the air, drawing their attention as you beckoned them towards the rocks. The men leaned over the edges of the boat, trying to get a better look at you. You could see their eyes glaze over, even his electric blue ones. The captain turned the wheel of his ship in your direction, careening towards death. The other sirens slid off of their rocks and into the water, hesitantly waiting to see what would happen. They knew you'd get first pick of who you wanted, they had to wait.
You continued singing as the boat rushed forward, only stopping once it'd impaled itself on the deadly rocks. It only took a few moments for the men to snap out of their trance, calm infatuation turning to panic in an instant.
"We've hit rocks!" A crewman screamed, looking over the side of the ship to the water rushing into the hull. The captain snapped out of his trance and rushed over to check the damage. It was obvious there was no way this ship was sailing away, their only option of survival was lowering their rafts and attempting to row away in that.
As the Captain assessed the situation, a flash of pink scales caught his eyes.
"SIRENS!" He alerted, looking at you and warning the men. Their eyes flickered around the sea, seeing the swarm of women lying in wait, ready to snatch them up as soon as they touched the water.
"Toshinori! Help everyone get onto the rafts!" The captain shouted to the blonde man, spurring him into action.
"Come on, men! Ready the rafts!" The man boomed, his clear baritone catching your attention. You saw him work over the ropes that held up the small boat, working in unison with another person to lower the boat.
Toshinori had been a military man for most of his adult life. As a marine, he'd seen plenty of things from all around the world. He'd fought many battles, both on land and by sea, but none of them seemed as bleak as this. The boat was sinking and there was an army of sirens waiting to pull his men to their death. For the first time in his career, he felt like there was no hope. If the men got on the boat and into the water, the sirens would tip it into an instant. If they  stayed on this ship they would drown. And if they tried to climb on to the rocks the sirens would easily be able to get to them. There were no options left. The boat was their best shot.
He surveyed the chaos as he released the ropes to the boat. The sirens were closing in on the boat, waiting with baited breath for their next meal. They stayed behind the one who'd sang to everyone, though. You must've been their leader... or whatever it was called in the siren world. He noticed your eyes were trained on him, unwavering as you licked your lips.
"It's ready, Captain!" Toshinori called to his superior as he held the ropes. The men wasted no time boarding the dingy, their best chance of making it to safety. As soon as everyone had made it aboard the dingy, the captain joined them. Toshi sent out a silent prayer to the gods as he lowerd the boat, praying that the sirens wouldn't come near.
It seems that the gods had abandoned them, however, and the sirens started ushering towards them without hesitation. You led the charge, swimming towards them, not taking your eyes off of the big blonde. You were only a few feet away and his scent was overwhelming. You couldn't wait to get your hands on him. A few of the women behind you began to sing, capturing the attention of a few of the men. You turned and hissed at them, a gentle warning for them to wait. You replaced their mediocre song with your own, instantly recapturing all the men's attention. You only wanted one, however, you could care less about what happened to the rest of them.
You could see him try to resist your song, his blue eyes shifting in and out of focus as he shook his head. It was futile, no one could resist your song. It was impossible.
You swam up alongside the boat, reaching up to grab the side and swatting away the men who tried to touch you. Only blondey was your target today: everyone else could rot.
He was staring at you with cloudy eyes, unmoving in his trance like state. It was a horrifying and unfamiliar feeling to him, as if he was in his body but only able to see bits and pieces of what was happening, and control none of them. He yearned to reach out and push away the temptress who was endangering his crew, but he was too entranced by your song, too mesmerized by the blue of your eyes. He couldn't move, couldn't look away, couldn't do anything. He felt something when he looked at you, and whether it was caused by your song or the way he truly felt, the emotion was overpowering. He felt need, unbridled and jealous need. As his comrades reached towards you with their filthy fingers, he felt the inescapable urge to snap their wrists. Nobody could touch you, only he deserved that honor. It was good that he couldn't move, or he might have done just that.
He saw your eyes bore into his as you came closer, your lips slightly parted and your naked body slick and wet from the ocean. You leaned up over the edge of the boat towards him and his heart soared. He could see your hands reach up towards him, cupping his cheek and running a finger on his jawline. Your skin was cold and soft, leaving droplets of water upon his skin. He felt like he was in seventh heaven, even though he knew he should be absolutely terrified. You were going to kill him after all.
Just as he thought you were going to continue your exploration of his skin, you grabbed him by the hem of his uniform and yanked him forward with all your weight, pulling him deep down into the water. The entire boat capsized, leaving screaming men fighting to stay afloat. They were fully conscious now, aware of their mortal peril as the scrambled to get back in the shoddy boat. The other sirens took that as their cue. They surrounded the men, viciously fighting amongst themselves for the sailors. As you swam deeper into the rock formation you could hear men scream, being picked off one by one by the bloodthirsty sirens. The commotion from up above was deafening, destroying Toshinori as he squirmed under your grasp.
He was fully in control of his body now, but helpless against your strength. It had often been said that he held the strength of ten men, but it was nothing compared to the vice like grip you had in him. He held his breath as he wondered where exactly you were taking him. Why hadn't you killed him? Surely that's what you were going to do, right? But as you swam and swam he felt your grip on him loosen, and suddenly it was like you were guiding him through the water instead of dragging him.
He couldn't hold his breath forever, and soon you could see he was in desperate need of air.
That won't do, you tutted to yourself. You can't drown yet! You were much too far down to take him up for air in time, so instead you pulled him hastily towards you and shoved your parted lips against his. With a few deep exhales and inhales, you'd given him more air, and he stopped squirming. He was completely shocked at the contact, but the air felt so good against his lungs he couldn't complain as you continued dragging him towards a crack in the rocks. The two of you were barely able to make it through the cracks, but soon you were in the large expanse of cave that you called your home. It was a large cave, peaked at the top in a cone-like shape. It had a large expanse of solid ground in it, and enough water for you to swim around comfortably.
As you let go of the blonde man he scrambled onto the stone, gasping for air and scurrying away from you.
"Get away, Siren! I'll kill you..." he threatened, backing up against the wall. There was no real threat to his words... monster or not you were still a woman. It didn't feel right to hurt you. He had more honor than that.
"Kill me? I'd like to see you try..." you smirked. Your voice was surprisingly honey sweet, not matching the evil expression on your face.
"What are you going to do with me? What is happening to my men?" He snarled, standing up and taking a defensive position.
"Your men? They're probably being drowned as we speak," you said uninterestedly.
"God... no..." Toshinori gasped, fear gripping his large body. Certainly they'd be okay... they were trained soldiers... he wished he could save them... if only he had some sort of supernatural powers!! "Why do you have me here? Why didn't you drown me too?"
"Because I find you interesting... it'd be a shame to let you die. I think I'll keep you awhile," you snickered as you watched your new pet stalk around the land like a caged animal.
"You can't keep me here!" He hissed, "I'm not a slave."
"You're more than welcome to leave this cave, but you'll meet a swift death if any of those other sirens catch whiff of you. They're not as benevolent as I am."
"Benevolent? You're a monster..." he snarled. You hated to admit it, but his words stung. It didn't matter, though. You had him here and he smelled wonderfully, that's all you really wanted. Who cares if he hated you. He was powerless against you.
"I'm no monster... but Like I said... you're free to leave," you spat. Just as he opened his mouth to respond you heard an anguished scream and a thump against the ceiling above. You could hear footsteps clambering and the telltale sound of a shitty siren song. You could distinguish around 10 footsteps above you and the sound of threatening screams coming from the men. They must have been trying to fight off the other sirens from a vantage point on the rock. From the sound of the occasional scream, the sirens mustve been slowly picking them off one by one.
"I have to help them..." you heard the blonde growl, looking to the ceiling above. Another scream.
"You'd be killed," you sighed. What part about sirens drowning him didn't he get?
"I have to... I have to save them. I've got to do it..."
"It's your death wish..."
Toshinori looked at you. He knew you were right. There was no way he could defeat a siren, plus he was stuck in here. He was completely helpless.
"You... save them!" He said, suddenly walking towards you.
"Me? Why would I save them?" You were flabbergasted.
"Because if you do... I'll stay here with you. I don't know! If you don't I'll go out there and let the other sirens kill me..." something about his blue eyes made you consider the offer. You really did want to keep him here... so what was killing a few of the lesser beings out there?
"You'll stay if I go save your buddies?"
"Yes... I swear it!"
"I never cared for those other girls much anything..." you sighed, and suddenly you were out of the cave, swimming up to destroy a cluster of sirens all for a guy you barely knew who smelled nice